General Women should be silent ?Women shouldn't teach? REALLY??

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Thank you so much for raising the topic. I have repeatedly come across a similar opinion in the assembly: a woman should listen in silence, without questioning the words of her brothers in the slightest. In my opinion, an egregious case occurred in one city in our region. During the homecoming sermon, the sister told her brother that he was not explaining the Bible verse accurately. The brother was offended and ran to complain to the elder. The elder had a stern conversation with his sister and stated that sisters should never, under any circumstances, correct their brothers. I am sure that this was a vivid manifestation of male chauvinism, for which there is no basis in the Bible. Who judged Israel in the time of Barak? A woman named Devora. Who stopped David and his 400 warriors from terrible and unjust bloodshed? A woman named Abigail. Who saved the city of Abel beth Maachu when it was besieged by David's army because of a scoundrel? She was a wise woman, whose name is not called. What were the elders of the city doing at that time? They were cowardly silent. Many innocent people almost died because of them. The woman saved the situation. Somehow, this does not really fit in with the limited understanding of the words of the Apostle Paul: they say, a woman should always be silent in the assembly. And sometimes you can't be silent. Besides, what is hierarchy worth if God's law is violated? It is necessary to take into account the circumstances. And I would also like all pastors to prepare well for public speaking and meet the biblical requirements in practice, so that they can be easily respected.
This entire problem goes away when it is realized that the organization of the church since the first century has changed.

Reactions: Aristid

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
If I appear to be nit-picking, I apologize. Perhaps I am not complete in my transition from the trinity as the after-effects are still lurking.
Outcast, you need not apologize to me. We all have our own walk on that straight and narrow way and while we do not walk alone we are all at different points on it. Paul said, Ephesians 4:11,12,13,14,15,16 Through interaction between the saints under inspiration of the Holy Spirit the fellowship provides an atmosphere where that spirit will work in all present guiding, teaching and leading all to the final result, the unity of the faith, the maturing to the same level as Christ himself. All of this is done by the spirit of YAHWEH through Jesus Christ and is a work no man can do. Philippians 2:13

Reactions: Outcast