General Predestination.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Do cancelled prophecies automatically imply falsehood? If I remember correctly Nineveh’s prophesied overturning was averted/relented BECAUSE they repented. So did God initially intend that or not? I however agree that many specifics cannot be known by man, but I think we refer to generalities more in the subject of Open Theism. On the subject of False Prophets, they are also allowed by God, to speak true descriptions, of both present and future, but does that make them True since they speak truth at that moment? (Deuteronomy 13:1-3). How about “pray that your flight may not be on the Sabbath or winter”? Now if every single detail of Future History is settled by God entirely beforehand, unilaterally, without recourse to His creatures, what is the point of saying that God has 2 wills? Wouldn’t that make what He does/approves and allows/tolerates absolutely identical?

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
King David committed adultery and murder, God did not interfere, He allowed David to sin, make the choice, this is indirect and the repentance and punishment of David was direct. God must allow sin because that is what Adam chose by free will. It may help to better understand how this works in the Christ event. It was Gods will in eternity for His son to die. God did not interfere and allowed sinful man to kill Jesus but then by direct will raised Jesus from the dead. God did not will directly that man kill His son but because of omniscience knew it was the free will of the men who would kill him. All things in this event worked out for good, even the evil things, and because of this many people will eventually receive salvation, even those who killed Jesus.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
I looked at this site. The author of the article about the truth of death is correct. It is always amazing to to see those who refuse to see. None are so blind. If people want to believe in a everlasting life in hell fire that’s up to them. It is an example of how Satan has deceived and blinds the eyes of those who do not understand the gospel.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
There is a difference between knowing things will happen and causing them to happen . God, in eternity knew Adam would sin but did not force him to sin. This proves free will. God, before He created anything, knew all things and is able to make all things work together for good. Within the workings of His will He implanted interventions as needed. The God spoke and it was done.