Encouragement You Don’t Have To Hang On; It’s OK To Fall

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 5:3 (NIV)
Source: https://info.proverbs31.org/you-dont-have-to-hang-on-its-ok-to-fall-rachel-norman

Excerpt:
I love The Message paraphrase of this verse: “You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.”

What began as my worst nightmare became the best year of my life. That year I learned to come to God raw and real, without trying to prove my worth to Him. It was then I learned that I didn’t need to hang on for dear life — because I could fall into His comfort, grace and peace.

A free fall was just what I needed to realize that I was never in control anyway and He always was.

God, please help me be authentic and real with You, not hiding how I’m feeling or how bad life truly seems. Help me learn how to receive comfort from You and how to gain strength from You — not myself. Highlight where it’s time for me to let go, Lord, and help me fall into You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[more...]

• Love
Reactions: Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Yes, these last 4 paragraphs from the text wrote, I can relate to as well. Not as a mother, but as a person liberated by the One I call Father now, through his Spirit. True christian freedom to me is also dicovering being freed of many shackles. Like the narcissism in the danger that Watchtower is, with their conformity confinement cult.