SC Facilitator

Staff member
Nov 29, 2022
How a high control religion or a cult can shape you as a person. They make you feel like you're part of something special and you don't realize that you're living in a bubble, in another reality. The cults' and your own false reality. Constant fear of things and people in the world. Experiencing cognitive dissonance, because you are left and kept in the dark. On purpose. Reading and watching only church/organization approved material. Spiritually confused, feeling punished, feeling guilty. You never know when you do enough.

You never fit the ideals, which can lead to suffering from gender dysphoria or gender incongruence. It means having the distinct impression that part of your core identity does not match up whit what others, or the high control religion you're in expects you to be - so how you see yourselfis not how they see you or the world sees you, which can lead to anxiety and depression. These terms are often just tied to the transgender community. Transgender more precisely as a clinical term refers to anyone who doesn't align with their sign gender regardless of how they expres themselves. By experiencing gender incongruence or gender dysphoria one feels a disappointment.

The high control religion or cult shapes and controls the identity of its members. Now many of us have left and have lost that life as a member but as Jesus says in Matt 10:39 B But everyone who loses his life because he loves me will gain life. So let us, as survivors, now be touched and shaped by the divine qualities. I hear that people who left a cult like watchtower now notice in themselves that they express more love to others. Love is the essence of the divine in us. I only recently came to understand this truth and the meaning of it by researching John 14:20 where Jesus says: In that day you will understand that I am in my Father, that you are in me and I in you.