Devotional Space for Grace | Psalm 16 | The Joy of being God’s | 1.4

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
January 4th THE PSALMS

Psalm 16

Psalm 14-18

You will make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; In your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Psalm 16:11, New American Standard Bible

Theme: The Joy of being God’s.

Background: David’s deep trust is in the Lord in both life and death.

January 4th THE PSALMS image.jpg

16:3 “As for the saints who are in the earth, they are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.”​

Our brothers are the true aristocracy. God delights in them – and you too (Isa 43:4). "Although you see the stars sometimes by their reflections in a puddle … yet the stars have their situation in heaven. So, although you see a godly man in a poor, miserable, low, despised condition… he is fixed in heaven.” - Charles Bradbury (Eph 2:6)

16:5 “The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; you support my lot.”​

The Message Bible, “My choice is you, God, first and only, and now I find I’m your choice!” It would be enough for God to choose us and bless us with many things, but by the Spirit, His Son moves to indwell us, and maintains our house too! (Eph 1:11,14)

16:11 “You will make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; In your right hand there are pleasures forever.”​

These verses are applied to Christ in Acts 2:25-28. He trod a lonely path through death to return to his Father and eternally enjoy His presence. As the Way, he comes back to walk with us side by side on the road to eternal joy (Job 33:23-30).

Jesus – Our Joy on the Way.​

Reactions: Shelley

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Looking to a religion to provide away to Christ when we already have in a relationship with him seems rather ludicrous. IMHO

Reactions: Lori Jane