Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
LOST and FOUND
Never never, never ever

God Himself has said, "I will never, never let go your hand:
I will
never never forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5, Weymouth

A group of scientists and botanists were exploring remote regions of the Alps. They noticed through binoculars a flower of great rarity and beauty but it lay deep in a ravine. A curious young boy was watching nearby, and the scientists told him they would pay him well if he would agree to be lowered over the cliff by rope to retrieve the flower below. The boy took one long look down the steep, dizzy depths and said, "I'll be back in a minute." A short time later he returned, followed by a grey-haired man. The boy said, "I'll go over that cliff and get that flower for you if this man holds the rope. He's my dad." Have you learned to trust the Lord like that? As Father is holding me fast, I can never doubt.

LOST and FOUND 5 image.jpg

Quoted above are the reassuring words “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Heb 13:5) The Greek words
ou me are used, which in essence mean, “never never” or “never ever.” The double negative ou me’ appearing here twice conveys the strongest sense of ‘never’ in the Greek language. An Expanded Translation by Kenneth Wuest brings out the strength of what God says, “For He himself has said, and the statement is on record, I will not, I will not cease to sustain and uphold you. I will not, I will not, I will not let you down. So that, being of good courage, we are saying, The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What shall man do to me?”

“I am with you always” is no mere promise – it is a reality!

deebibliophile

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 12, 2020
I agree with you Ruth. It is a beautiful story. It reinforces to me what Isaiah 41: 31 says “For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and tells you: Do not fear, I will help you.” Berean Study Bible. When I read that scripture I think Of myself as having tripped and fallen. Sometimes life makes us trip, because of discouragement or trials Or so many other reasons. And I imagine God saying, grab my hand, don‘t be afraid and being pulled up once I do so. We have a wonderful Heavenly Father, so loving, kind and compassionate.