Devotional Space for Grace | Do I need to Meet with other Christians? (b) | 10.29

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
RELIGION versus GRACE
Do I need to Meet with other Christians? (b)

Point out the road I must travel; I’m all ears, all eyes before you

Psalm 143:8, Message Bible

The Lord delivered His people from Egypt but they did not know where to go. They had no roads to follow. But God graciously provided a guide. The guide was a pillar of cloud, that by day provided the children of Israel shade from the scorching heat, and transform into a pillar of fire by night, providing night navigation and warmth (Ps 105:39; Neh 9:18-19).

Have you the eyes of faith to see Jesus leading you through uncertain times? Isaiah wrote, “The people who are walking in darkness have seen a great light, dwellers in a land of death-shade, light hath shone upon them.” (Isa 9:2, 50:10). John 10:4, “When he has brought his own sheep outside, he walks on before them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.”

A moving example of Jesus’ care for the lost is seen in the account of the healed blind man who was excommunicated from the synagogue into a life of isolation from family, friends and worship. Treated just as a leper, no one coming within 6 feet of him, no conversations or meals with him. See here and here. Where could he turn? It was Jesus who found him. The scripture reads, “When Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, he sought him out and said to him: Do you believe in [εἰς into] the Son of Man?” (John 9:35-38, Barclay) Jesus will not abandon those shunned. He will face us with the paramount question, ‘Are you willing to put your life into Jesus’ hands?’ If so, be assured he will lead you. RELIGION versus GRACE 29 image.jpg

Fix your eyes on Jesus, not at what you left behind – Heb 12:2

Reactions: Dana