Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020

LOST and FOUND

A Real Christian (b) Christ IN You

To reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the nations,
I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood

Galatians 1:16, Modern English Version

Locked inside a prison cell, undernourished and dying. Perhaps you felt that way when captive to the concepts and control of a certain religion. The deeper prison hole, though, was dying “in Adam”. By grace Jesus found you and released you from this double prison - for what purpose? To enjoy a deepening “you in me and I in you” relationship with Him (John 14:20).

Christ “in you”. The best Bible illustration of this expression is in John 15. We are “in Christ” as living branches extending from the true vine; yet at the same time need “Christ in us” as the sap of Christ’s Spirit, his lifeblood, flowing in and through us. Paul says “It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me” (Gal 2:20; 4:19). Here Paul did not say “I live in a Christ-like way,” or, “I glorify Christ through my behaviour” - that was the fruit. The root was that “Christ…lives in me.” Christian life is allowing Christ himself to live in and through us.

LOST and FOUND 29 image.jpg

The Accident. A stranger jumps in front of a speeding truck about to run you over. He takes the hit in your place and tragically dies. So, you live “in Christ” as your representative who died a substitutionary death for you. Now, the shock of the accident gives you a serious heart attack. You are offered a heart transplant, the heart of the very man who has died for you. So, we have received Christ “in us”, his identity, his life blood flows in us, through us.

Christ and you: an irreversible and permanent fusion

• Love
Reactions: Neil and Lori Jane