Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
This was shared with me as "Some scripture to prove Jesus will reign on earth."

Messiah will rule in Jerusalem from Zion on | Earth Rev 5:10​

New American Standard 1977
whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
NET Bible
This one heaven must receive until the time all things are restored, which God declared from times long ago through his holy prophets.

891 [e]
achri

ἄχρι​

until
Prep

b. of Time: ἄχρι καιροῦ, until a season that seemed to him opportune, Luke 4:13 (but cf. καιρός, 2 a.); until a certain time, for a season, Acts 13:11; (ἄχρι (vel µέχρι, which see 1 a.) τοῦ θερισµοῦ, Matthew 13:30 WH marginal reading cf. ἕως, II. 5); ἄχρι ἧς ἡµέρας until the day that etc. Matthew 24:38; Luke 1:20; Luke 17:27; Acts 1:2; (ἄχρι (Rec. et al. ἕως) τῆς ἡµέρας ἧς, Acts 1:22 Tdf.); ἄχρι ταύτης τῆς ἡµέρας and ἄχρι τῆς ἡµέρας ταύτης, Acts 2:29; Acts 23:1; Acts 26:22; ἄχρι (ἄχρις R G) ἡµερῶν πέντε even to the space of five days, i. e. after (A. V. in) five days, Acts 20:6; ἄχρις (ἄχρι T Tr WH) αὐγῆς, Acts 20:11; ἄχρι τοῦ νῦν, Romans 8:22; Philippians 1:5; ἄχρι τέλους, Hebrews 6:11; Revelation 2:26; see besides, Acts 3:21; (Acts 22:22); Romans 1:13; Romans 5:13; 1 Corinthians 4:11; 2 Corinthians 3:14; Galatians 4:2; Philippians 1:6 (ἄχρι L T WH).

New Living Translation
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!

Acts 1:11
"Men of Galilee," they said, "Why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.”

NET Bible Hebrews 9:28
so also, after Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many, to those who eagerly await him he will appear a second time, not to bear sin but to bring salvation.

3708 [e]
ophthēsetai

ὀφθήσεται​

will appear
V-FIP-3S
5. passive 1 aorist ὤφθην, I was seen, showed myself, appeared (cf. Buttmann, 52 (45)): Luke 9:31; with the dative of person (cf. Buttmann, as above (also § 134, 2; cf. Winer's Grammar, § 31, 10)): of angels, Luke 1:11; Luke 22:43 (L brackets WH reject the passage); Acts 7:30, 35 (Exodus 3:2); of God, Acts 7:2 (Genesis 12:7; Genesis 17:1); of the dead, Matthew 17:3; Mark 9:4, cf. Luke 9:31; of Jesus after his resurrection, Luke 24:34; Acts 9:17; Acts 13:31; Acts 26:16; 1 Corinthians 15:5-8; 1 Timothy 3:16; of Jesus hereafter to return, Hebrews 9:28;

NET Bible John 14:28
You heard me say to you, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.

John 14:18

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:2
In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

NET Bible 1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary​

16. himself—in all the Majesty of His presence in person, not by deputy.

descend—even as He ascended
(Ac 1:11).

with—Greek, "in," implying one concomitant circumstance attending His appearing.

shout—Greek, "signal shout," "war shout." Jesus is represented as a victorious King, giving the word of command to the hosts of heaven in His train for the last onslaught, at His final triumph over sin, death, and Satan (Re 19:11-21).

the voice of … archangel—distinct from the "signal shout." Michael is perhaps meant (Jude 9; Re 12:7), to whom especially is committed the guardianship of the people of God (Da 10:13).

trump of God—the trumpet blast which usually accompanies God's manifestation in glory (Ex 19:16; Ps 47:5); here the last of the three accompaniments of His appearing: as the trumpet was used to convene God's people to their solemn convocations (Nu 10:2, 10; 31:6), so here to summon God's elect together, preparatory to their glorification with Christ (Ps 50:1-5; Mt 24:31; 1Co 15:52).

NET Bible Rev 5:10
You have appointed them as a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests,.... See Gill on Revelation 1:6. The Alexandrian copy, and Complutensian edition, and the Syriac, Arabic, and the Ethiopic versions, read "them", instead of "us":
and we shall reign on the earth; meaning not merely in a spiritual sense, through grace reigning over sin and corruption, through Satan being bruised under their feet, and through the victory they have in Christ over the world, but in the millennium state, in the thousand years' reign with Christ in the new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness; see Revelation 20:4. The Alexandrian copy, and the Complutensian edition, Syriac and Arabic versions, read "they shall reign".

NET Bible Rev 21:4
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had ceased to exist, and the sea existed no more.
And I saw the holy city--the new Jerusalem--descending out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband.And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: "Look! The residence of God is among human beings. He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more--or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist."The nations will walk by its light and the kings of the earth will bring their grandeur into it.They will bring the grandeur and the wealth of the nations into it,

Rev 22;14 Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can have access to the tree of life and can enter into the city by the gates.

NET Bible Luke 22:29,30
Thus I grant to you a kingdom, just as my Father granted to me, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Isaiah 25:6
The LORD who commands armies will hold a banquet for all the nations on this mountain. At this banquet there will be plenty of meat and aged wine--tender meat and choicest wine. he will swallow up death permanently. The sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from every face, and remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. Indeed, the LORD has announced it!

Luke 22:16
For I tell you that I will not eat it again until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God."

The Narrow Door Luke 13:28-30
…28There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God. 30And indeed, some who are last will be first, and some who are first will be last.”…

Matthew 8:10-13
…10When Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those following Him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”…

NET Bible Mathew 19:27,28
Then Peter said to him, "Look, we have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?"Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth: In the age when all things are renewed, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

NET Bible Acts 1:6
So when they had gathered together, they began to ask him, "Lord,

is this the time when you are restoring the kingdom to Israel?"​

NET Bible Matthew 5:5
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:9
For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

Psalm 37:11
But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.

Galatians 3:16
The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say, "and to seeds," meaning many, but "and to your seed," meaning One, who is Christ.

Galatians 3:29
And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

Genesis 26:4

"I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed;​

NET Bible Luke 1:32,33
He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and his kingdom will never end.”

Isaiah 9:6,7

accomplish this.

Isaiah 16:5
A throne will even be established in lovingkindness, And a judge will sit on it in faithfulness in the tent of David; Moreover, he will seek justice And be prompt in righteousness.

NET Bible Psalms 2:6-8
"I myself have installed my king on Zion, my holy hill." The king says, "I will announce the LORD's decree. He said to me: 'You are my son! This very day I have become your father! Ask me, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the ends of the earth as your personal property.

Revelation 14:1
Then I looked and saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand who had His name and His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Psalm 48:2
Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, Is Mount Zion in the far north, The city of the great King.

Psalm 132:13

For the LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation.​

Isaiah 24:23
Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, And His glory will be before His elders.

Isaiah 27:13
It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the LORD in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 17:25
then there will come in through the gates of this city kings and princes sitting on the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they and their princes, the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and this city will be inhabited forever.

Psalm 132:13,14
For the LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation."This is My resting place forever; Here I will dwell, for I have desired it.

Jeremiah 33:14-16
14'Behold, days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will fulfill the good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 15In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall

execute justice and righteousness on the earth.
16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she will be called: the LORD is our righteousness.’…

NET Bible Isaiah 2:1-4
Here is the message about Judah and Jerusalem that was revealed to Isaiah son of Amoz. In the future the mountain of the LORD's temple will endure as the most important of mountains, and will be the most prominent of hills. All the nations will stream to it, many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the LORD's mountain, to the temple of the God of Jacob, so he can teach us his requirements, and we can follow his standards." For Zion will be the center for moral instruction; the LORD will issue edicts from Jerusalem.He will judge disputes between nations; he will settle cases for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nations will not take up the sword against other nations, and they will no longer train for war.

Micah 4:1-4 The Mountain of the Lord's Temple
1And it will come about in the last days That the mountain of the

stream to it. 2Many nations will come and say, "Come and let​

us go up to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For from Zion will go forth the law, Even the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.…3And He will judge between many peoples And render decisions for mighty, distant nations. Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning hooks; Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they train for war. 4Each of them will sit under his vine And under his fig tree, With no one to make them afraid, For the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.…6"In that day," declares the LORD, "I will assemble the lame And gather the

outcasts, Even those whom I have afflicted. 7"I will make the lame a remnant And the outcasts a strong nation, And the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion From now on and forever.…

NET Bible Daniel 2:34,35
You were watching as a stone was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its iron and clay feet, breaking them in pieces.Then the iron, clay, bronze, silver, and gold were broken in pieces without distinction and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors that the wind carries away. Not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the statue became a large mountain that filled the entire earth.

Daniel 2:44
"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

Ezekiel 37:25

sanctuary in their midst forever.…​

Ezekiel 34:24
…23"Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24"And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken. 25"I

will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.…

Jeremiah 33:7
'I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel and will rebuild them as they were at first.

Jeremiah 33:9-19…9’It will be to Me a name of joy, praise and glory before all the nations of the earth which will hear of all the good that I do for them, and they will fear and tremble because of all the good and all the peace that I make for it.' 10"Thus says the LORD, 'Yet

without man and without inhabitant and without beast, 11the​

voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say, "Give thanks to the LORD of hosts, For the LORD is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting"; and of those who bring a thank offering into the house of the LORD. For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were at first,' says the LORD.……15'In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth. 16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she will be called: the LORD is our righteousness.' 17"For thus says the LORD, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;……18and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man before Me to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to prepare sacrifices continually.’"

Isaiah 24:23
Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, And His glory will be before His elders.

Isaiah 27:13
It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the LORD in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.

Psalms 102:12
But you, O LORD, rule forever, and your reputation endures. You will rise up and have compassion on Zion. For it is time to have mercy on her, for the appointed time has come. Indeed, your servants take delight in her stones, and feel compassion for the dust of her ruins. when the LORD rebuilds Zion, and reveals his splendor,The account of his intervention will be recorded for future generations; people yet to be born will praise the LORD. so they may proclaim the name of the LORD in Zion, and praise him in Jerusalem,

…Psalms 69:35,36 35For God will save Zion and build the cities of Judah, That they may dwell there and possess it. 36The descendants of His servants will inherit it, And those who love His name will dwell in it.​

NET Bible Psalms 110:1-7
A psalm of David. Here is the LORD's proclamation to my lord: "Sit down at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool!"The LORD extends your dominion from Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies! From the stream along the road he drinks; then he lifts up his head.

NET Bible Zechariah 14:1
A day of the LORD is about to come when your possessions will be divided as plunder in your midst.-On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives which lies to the east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in half from east to west, leaving a great valley. Half the mountain will move northward and the other

half southward.-All the land will change and become like the Arabah from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem; and Jerusalem will be raised up and will stay in its own place from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate and on to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.-And people will settle there, and there will no longer be the threat of divine extermination--Jerusalem will dwell in security. -Then all who survive from all the nations that came to attack Jerusalem will go up annually to worship the King, the LORD who rules over all, and to observe the Feast of Tabernacles.-But if any of the nations anywhere on earth refuse to go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD who rules over all, they will get no rain.-Every cooking pot in Jerusalem and Judah will become holy in the sight of the LORD who rules over all, so that all who offer sacrifices may come and use some of them to boil their sacrifices in them. On that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD who rules over all.

Reactions: Eyesontheprize

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
Rev. 5:10 ~ In the New World Translation they translate the scripture "over" the earth. (To support 2 class theory/144,000)
Even following their Interlinear it translates "upon" a few scriptures later it translates the same Greek word "upon" but changes it in Rev. 5:10 deceptively (my opinion).

GraceMade

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 4, 2020
Rev. 5:10 ~ In the New World Translation they translate the scripture "over" the earth. (To support 2 class theory/144,000)
Even following their Interlinear it translates "upon" a few scriptures later it translates the same Greek word "upon" but changes it in Rev. 5:10 deceptively (my opinion).
Excellent observation. "The wizard of oz rules over us". Not even a child would assume that rulership to be a vertical geographic reference. I think?

Reactions: Lori Jane