General SIN

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Scripture has several definitions for sin. James 4:17 , Romans 14: 23 KJV , 1 John 5:17 , 1John 3:4 KJV
Over the years I have developed my own definition of sin that is for me the ultimate definition ; Whatever is not of Yahwehs love is sin. 1 Corinthians 16:14 , Romans 13:10 , Matthew 22:37,38,39,40 are the scriptures I used to arrive at my definition. Jesus magnified the law and made it honorable, Isaiah 42:21 KJV Jesus made the thoughts and intents of our spirits the true sin whereas the law only dealt with the outward actions and words. Therefore sin is our thoughts that controls what we manifest as words and deeds. Matthew 15:18,19,20 The law, which was enforced by the testimony of two or more human witnesses, could never address the true cause of sin.
This is why the Pharisees appeared outwardly as whitened sepulchers but inside were full of dead men’s bones. Matthew 23:27 There is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12 KJV This is the law, the letter, but the spirit is without the letter because the letter kills, it is the spirit that gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6 All people are under the law until they Passover into the new covenant ; the law is to serve as a schoolmaster to convict us of our sins and lead us to Christ, therefore the law is holy, just and good. The law is what we need saved from. We need to know the law in order to know what we need to be saved from.
This is why king David said, “ O how love I thy law” , Psalm 119:97 KJV This is how the law is used lawfully. 1 Timothy 1:8 KJV I hope this may help to better understand the law and grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outcast

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
The body, without the human spirit is dead. James 2:26 It is the spirit the animates the body. Our human spirit is what we really are. The spirit controls the body through the interface of the brain. Our intelligence, memories, and thoughts are of our spirit not our brain. It is this spirit that receives a spirit body when Jesus returns.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
The body, without the human spirit is dead. James 2:26 It is the spirit the animates the body. Our human spirit is what we really are. The spirit controls the body through the interface of the brain. Our intelligence, memories, and thoughts are of our spirit not our brain. It is this spirit that receives a spirit body when Jesus returns.
James 1:14,15 KJV