Music Olivia Newton-John - Let Go And Let God (Lyrics)

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
In this song they sing a Buddhist mantra called " Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Excerpt from an article and some of my own thoughts.

The essence of Buddhism is the conviction that we have within us at each moment the ability to overcome any problem or difficulty that we may encounter in life; a capacity to transform any suffering. Our lives possess this power because they are inseparable from the fundamental law that underlies the workings of all life and the universe.

Shakyamuni, first awoke to this law out of a compassionate yearning to find the means to enable all people to be free of the inevitable pains of life. It is because of this that he is known as Buddha, or “Awakened One.”
The record of Shakyamuni’s teachings to awaken others was captured for posterity in numerous Buddhist sutras. The culmination of these teachings is the Lotus Sutra. In Japanese, “Lotus Sutra” is rendered as Myoho-renge-kyo.

Nam comes from the Sanskrit namas, meaning to devote or dedicate oneself.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is thus a vow, an expression of determination, ... to embrace a pledge to oneself to never yield to difficulties and to win over one’s suffering. At the same time, it is a vow to help others reveal this law in their own lives and achieve happiness.

Myo can be translated as mystic or wonderful, and ho means law. This law is called mystic or wonderful because This law is called mystic because it is difficult to comprehend. What exactly is it that is difficult to comprehend? Than it says: Because it is the wonder of ordinary people, beset by delusion and suffering, awakening to the fundamental law in their own lives, bringing forth wisdom and compassion and realizing that they are able to solve their own problems and those of others. The Mystic or wonderful Law transforms the life of anyone—even the unhappiest person, at any time and in any circumstances—into a life of supreme happiness.

Renge, meaning lotus blossom, is a metaphor that offers further insight into the qualities of this Wonderful Law. The lotus flower is pure and fragrant, unsullied by the muddy water in which it grows. Similarly, the beauty and dignity of our humanity is brought forth amidst the sufferings of daily reality.
Further, unlike other plants, the lotus puts forth flowers and fruit at the same time. In most plants, the fruit develops after the flower has bloomed and the petals of the flower have fallen away. The fruit of the lotus plant, however, develops simultaneously with the flower, and when the flower opens, the fruit is there within it.
This illustrates the principle of the simultaneity of cause and effect; we do not have to wait to become someone perfect in the future, we can bring forth the power of the Wonderful Law from within our lives at any time.

Kyo literally means sutra and here indicates the Mystic, wonderful Law likened to a lotus flower, the fundamental law that permeates life and the universe, the eternal truth.
The Chinese character kyo also implies the idea of a “thread.” When a fabric is woven, first, the vertical threads are put in place. These represent the basic reality of life. They are the stable framework through which the horizontal threads are woven. These horizontal threads, representing the varied activities of our daily lives, make up the pattern of the fabric, imparting color and variation. The fabric of our lives is comprised of both a fundamental and enduring truth as well as the busy reality of our daily existence with its uniqueness and variety. A life that is only horizontal threads quickly unravels.

Throughout his writings, Nichiren emphasizes the primacy of faith. He writes, for instance: “The Lotus Sutra . . . says that one can ‘gain entrance through faith alone.’ . . .

It is the principle that those who live normal lives and make consistent efforts will duly triumph.

To chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is to bring forth the pure and fundamental energy of life, honoring the dignity and possibility of our ordinary lives.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My own thoughts for parents like mine and Lori and Anthony and their adoptive children.

Buddha said to his followers: "Seek for the truth".
Jesus said in John 14:6: "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me". "Follow me", Lori Jane's presentation: 'FOLLOW ME!'

There is no mystic for me nor a difficult comprehension, just the wonderful, because I think in the words of Jesus it would be: To love the Father and your neigbor as yourself and the thread now woven through our lives is
within us through Jesus in us, through the Spirit in us and thus the Father of all life in us.
These could represent the basic vertical threads in our lives and I think parents can clothe their children, adopted or not, with this stable vertical framework of threads and weave the horizontal threads to give them stability, love for God, Jesus and their neighbor in life. Give them a safe christian home.
And parents can be the threads and weave the threads in their childrens lives and thus be in their children.
Together as one family, one fabric and than the children, adopted or not will be in their parents too.

Our Father in heaven adopts persons.
Romans 8:15: For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 23 Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

My biological mother didn't want me and she didn't even want to have contact in any way with me. It can be devastating to know you are not wanted by your own flesh and blood.

But I know for sure and so does my adopted sister that our real parents, who adopted us always only wanted the best for us. They loved and cared for us. They were there when we needed them. They were there when we cried, were sad, were happy, when we were in pain, when we did something stupid or just because we were young and didn't see what we could bring upon ourselves because of our lack of experience in life. They protected us from harm or from ourselves. And they would die for us.
That's how much they loved us and they adopted us and they were truly sincere in their heart in wanting to do that and it really makes all the difference in the world, especially for an adopted child to know we are wanted and chosen. And it strenghtened us in our mental state and in our hearts and in the deepest of our very souls, our whole being.
Our true parents are in us and we are in them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
My biological mother didn't want me and she didn't even want to have contact in any way with me. It can be devastating to know you are not wanted by your own flesh and blood.
My heart breaks hearing this. So many parents are broken themselves and lost. It is so sad that that gets passed onto their children so to speak. You have made a fine life for yourself @Diana S and you are such a blessing to so many. Hugs to you!

Upvote 0