Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
6fc014ad-071a-47bd-9450-641499aa2b7d.jpg

Greetings from the Unitarian Christian Alliance!​

I am very pleased that I get to point folks toward Laureen Jandroep's ministry: Simply Christian. She is an ex-Jehovah's Witness who is providing a landing place for other ex-JWs who may not know where to turn.

I wasn't planning on making it a two-part episode, but I simply couldn't (or wouldn't?) edit away very much of our very long conversation. It was worth keeping.

Looking forward to next week!

We also announce the Upcoming Events page for the UCA. Check it out! And, if you have something planned that belongs there, follow the instructions to get your event listed, too.

On a personal note, my family ended up with the mild COVID over Christmas and didn't get to travel. We're making up for that now and visiting family. I'm also pleased that I will be able to incorporate three visits with UCA people along our journey! I've spoken about doing this in previous podcasts (planning to travel and looking on the map to see if anyone is nearby or en route) and now it is happening!

Mark Cain​

P.S. Any more unitarian Christian jokes out there?

Her Jehovah's Witness plans took an abrupt turn after thirty years, soon becoming a welcoming ministry for others like her.​

RESOURCES

How do I listen?​

From your mobile device:​

• Search for and subscribe to the “Unitarian Christian Alliance" Podcast from any podcast player.
  • Using an iPhone or iPad? Tap here to listen in Apple Podcasts.
  • If you’re on an Android device, tap here to listen in Stitcher.
  • Like Spotify? Tap here and then tap “Follow."
  • Here’s the RSS feed if you know what that means.

From a desktop or laptop:​

• Click the episode link to open the podcast page in your browser. Click the “play” button to listen. Keep that browser window open. Find all the episodes on the UCA Podcast web page, https://podcast.unitarianchristianalliance.org.

On Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap​

• Say, “Alexa, play the latest episode of the Unitarian Christian Alliance Podcast.” To listen to a specific episode, like number 5, say, “Alexa, play the Unitarian Christian Alliance podcast episode five."

On Google Home:​

• Say, “O.K., Google, play the Unitarian Christian Alliance Podcast.”

Reactions: Neil

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
And here is part 2

6fc014ad-071a-47bd-9450-641499aa2b7d.jpg

Greetings from the Unitarian Christian Alliance!​

Mene, Mene, Tekel, U Part Two ... It has come to pass.*

Laureen's experiences with her support group and family are quite interesting. I especially appreciate how she describes her approach to truth.

I found myself pondering post-JW doctrinal transformations, specifically the switch to the the Trinity. Well, I may be pondering this for a while yet. Perhaps you have considered or researched this way more than I? Let me know your thoughts.

Super excited to have a third event on the UCA page. After talking with Amanda Dunn, the event page coordinator, I think I'll be having her on the show for a short talk about it. The promotion of existing events and the inspiration of new ones around the world may have an amazing impact over the coming year.

Currently the events we have listed are recurring ones, yearly events that have been going on for some time. What I'm especially looking forward to are the new ones that form just to create more connections and fellowship.

Since people like to make predictions at the start of each year, here's mine. By the end of 2022, we will have seen dozens of events flow across this list, and well over a hundred people touched by the events who would not have otherwise had an opportunity.

If you are already in fellowship looking for something cool to do, or if you're one of those go-getter types, this may be just the time to get moving and reach out to unitarian Christians around your state or country.

Mark Cain​

*If this doesn't make sense, it's from Daniel 5:25, and you might have missed it at the end of episode 44, part 1 of this interview.

Helping those who leave high-control groups, Laureen describes pitfalls, balancing acts, and the curious ire of Trinitarian Ex-JWs.​

How do I listen?​

From your mobile device:​

• Search for and subscribe to the “Unitarian Christian Alliance" Podcast from any podcast player.
  • Using an iPhone or iPad? Tap here to listen in Apple Podcasts.
  • If you’re on an Android device, tap here to listen in Stitcher.
  • Like Spotify? Tap here and then tap “Follow."
  • Here’s the RSS feed if you know what that means.

From a desktop or laptop:​

• Click the episode link to open the podcast page in your browser. Click the “play” button to listen. Keep that browser window open. Find all the episodes on the UCA Podcast web page, https://podcast.unitarianchristianalliance.org.

On Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap​

• Say, “Alexa, play the latest episode of the Unitarian Christian Alliance Podcast.” To listen to a specific episode, like number 5, say, “Alexa, play the Unitarian Christian Alliance podcast episode five."

On Google Home:​

• Say, “O.K., Google, play the Unitarian Christian Alliance Podcast.”