Video Making himself Equal to God, Commentary on John 5:17-18

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Yep, always appreciate how Bill breaks things down. I like how he explains it (equality with God) as "in the light of the law of agency" and "representative authority" I don't believe that Jesus had the same essence/deity as the father.

Reactions: Lori Jane

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Jesus was only like his God in Godly love and righteousness or you could say the character of God. Jesus had none of the attributes. Just as God cannot be tempted with evil neither could Jesus who proved this when Satan tried to tempt him and failed. Hebrews 1:3 Jesus was the brightness of his Gods glory and the express image of his Gods person. See Strongs article G5481 xapaktnp is in English the word character notice also it is an exact copy of character. Now there are certain Unitarians who in their quest to prove Jesus is not God, will deny what I have written here and in effect Rob the Christ of the very things that make him our messiah. Some Unitarians also teach that Jesus could have sinned for the same reason, fear of making Jesus God. They will quote James 1:13 saying God cannot be tempted but Jesus was therefore Jesus cannot be God and connect that with the temptation of Jesus by Satan to prove this. The verse in James 1:13 says God cannot be tempted with or by evil, you see how they have cut off the with or by evil thus changing the entire thought of the verse. This is a very dishonest thing to do. God can be tempted but not with evil because it is Gods character and is the character of his son too. There is so much proof from scripture that Jesus is not God that it is not necessary to twist James 1:13 for more. What these types have done is to insult both God and His son by assassinating his character. I do not subscribe to this great gamble theory that Jesus could have sinned and destroyed his Gods plan of salvation. All the prophets predicted the messiah would be successful and prophecy is a sure word. I hope these Unitarians see their sin and repent.