General Local Comment About Horrible Maine Shooting

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
"This is something where we need to pray, read our Bibles and make sure our firearms are loaded. We're going to need any sense of peace to get through this," - Joshua Pietroxicz, 10-26-2023
šŸ™

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Another terrible shooting with many victims. Prayers.

In my country, The Netherlands guns are only allowed for professionals like the police force or the millitary.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Criminals do not obey laws so other than your police and military the criminals are the only people who have guns. Here in the U.S. the states or cities that ban guns have the highest crime. Criminals are emboldened by the knowledge that their victims are unarmed. If their were no guns criminals would perhaps use knives or swords or clubs , outlawing weapons does not prevent criminals from killing. We have sayings here in the U.S. ; when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have them, the only thing that will stop an evil man with a gun is a good man with a gun and guns donā€™t kill people people kill people. The first human born killed his brother with a rock. Since then man has developed more high tech weapons and still kills. While we should pray for the victims and their families an even better prayer goes like this; thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

Reactions: Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Yes, LeeB, I forgot that part. The criminals (and many professional) have guns and other weapons too, unfortunately, with all negative, horrible results from itšŸ˜„šŸ¤®

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Humanity is not able to live in peace. Isaiah 59:1-8 , Jeremiah 10:23
The only answer is the return of Jesus. To think that we only need to elect the right man is the answer is insane because we have been doing that for years and nothing changes except things get worse. Here in the U.S. many think Donald Trump is going to save the day. Things have gone too far and the damage is irreversible, the 7th king, the U.S., must fall to open the way for the 8th.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
Revelation 10:17 has 7 kings, not kingdoms, per the Greek. One can definitely make the argument that, (whichever kings one believes to be them), 6 kings/emperors have fallen from Egypt, Assyria, Neo-Babylonia, Persia, Greece and Rome. That would leave the USA as the 7th and there be lots of people thinking Joe didn't win the 2020 election, which means he's not an elected President but a king instead. Yes, I'm speculating a bit, but its a theory.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
What most people fail to see is that Israel was one of these seven kings.
Under the reign of David and Solomon Israel became the most powerful and richest nation . Kings from other nations served Solomon . 1 Kings 4:20-25 , 1 Kings 10:23-26 . I have a post here on Simply Christian titled the seventh king that you can look at.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
There is that path as well. I'm not sold on the exact lineup, yet. I'll check out your post later.