General Lets Show Our Support For Christ

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
I get lots of push back from all types of people when I mention my partaking at the JW Memorial. This is the one thing I feel strongly about accomplishing every year. I'm Dfed and have lost associations big time. I have gained many associations in the body of Christ though and I'm so grateful.

So I go and do as Christ commanded (yes I get it doesn't have to be a yearly thing). I do not enter the hall ever as a repentant person trying to be reinstated. I think this sends a clear message of the fact that I haven't left Jehovah when I show up for this. Whether anyone is paying attention to what my actions really mean I have no clue. Standing up and saying Christ really matters is good enough for me.

You cannot be stopped to participate in this. It's nerve racking and difficult to accomplish this however. I head straight for the front and stay glued to my seat. The disgust and nastiness with which you will be treated is tough to bare. I wear my Sunday best skirt and bring my black NWT.

The reason I'm posting this is I would like more people doing this with me. Just think if all the Dfed, Inactive and Aware Believers showed up and did this! A silent mellow none confrontational protest. They might run out of wine!

• Love
Reactions: Diana S

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Oh and a word of caution. Take a teeny tiny piece of that cracker. Its impossible to chew. Anybody with me on this?

• 🤗

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Losing your closest family members and a whole community of friends. Yup pretty significant.

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Shelley, do what you feel is right. I think you are very brave. You will irritate the beep (in your words) out of some, but may get others to think outside that beep-ing box.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shelley and Outcast