Devotional Learning To Live Faithfully Right Where You Are

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
“He must become greater; I must become less.”
John 3:30 (NIV)
d8.10-22
Source: Learning To Live Faithfully Right Where You Are | Ruth Schwenk (proverbs31.org)

Excerpt:
The way we live our days is our greatest testimony. No matter what God has called us to, it starts right where we are today. At home. At work. In the grocery store. With our neighbor. It starts with who we really are — our integrity and our character.

Every season is different, and every season demands a different capacity from us as humans. Sometimes we will be busy and distracted. Sometimes we will feel like we have it all together. Sometimes we will feel close to God. And sometimes we will feel far away from God. But no matter how we feel or what is going on in our lives, the call is still the same — to keep being faithful to God in the seen and unseen moments of our lives.

We must become less, allowing Jesus to live His life in us and through us, trusting God will use our hidden faithfulness today for His glory tomorrow.

Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me right where I am. I want to serve You and honor You with my life. Help me to be faithful to You today and to trust that You will use my obedience for Your glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[more...]