Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Source: Is God Jealous? - Restitutio

jealous.png

A quote from the article:

Now, I recognize that much has changed between the Deuteronomy generation of Israelites and today. We, Christians, are under a new covenant mediated by Jesus, not Moses. It is a better covenant founded on better promises ratified by a better sacrifice. Nevertheless, has God changed? Is He now fine with His people dabbling in spirituality, worshiping at the altars of success and family, or relegating their interactions with God to transactions? He is still a lover longing for a people to reciprocate that love, and He is a jealous God who will not play second fiddle in our lives.

I, for one, am thankful for God’s jealousy. He doesn’t just let me walk out the door. He convicts me when I fall into sin. He speaks to me through Scripture, during prayer, through others, and in my circumstances. He doesn’t just leave me to my own fate when I’m straying. His jealousy fights for me. To think that the Creator, the most important individual in the entire universe, cares about me and vigilantly fights to keep me is both overwhelming and comforting. Yahweh is a jealous God, and I’m just fine with that.

[more...]

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
I really enjoyed this article. Made me really feel how much God loves us individually and corporately.

I love the toothbrush illustration! I can relate so much. lol

And finally, I have always adored that picture - I've seen it around over the years - a true depiction of jealousy! lol