Daily Verse Hebrews 4:15 | Daily verse by logos.com | Faithlife

SC Facilitator

Staff member
Nov 29, 2022
content.png

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:15

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Temptation is not an action or a word. It takes place in our human spirit/mind. Jesus defines what sin really is and it is thoughts, Matthew 15:19,20 , Genesis 6:5 , Matthew 5:28 , Mark 7:20,21,22,23 People tend to define sin as hearing or seeing something but these things are only the sin inside us being exposed. James defines sin in the same way as Jesus did. James 1:14,15 the words desires and enticed are not words or deeds. Sin is lust in the mind /heart/spirit of a person to consider saying or doing evil. For Jesus to have been successfully tempted he would have had to lust. No man born of Adam is capable of defeating lust all his life, Proverbs 20:9 , but Jesus could. John makes this statement, 1 John 1:10 . When the saints are finally in the kingdom they will have the divine nature of Yahweh, totally incapable of sin, Jesus had this nature in his mother’s womb. 2 Peter 1:4 KJV , Notice Peter says the corruption in the world is through lust. Paul said, Romans 7:7 Jesus, James, Peter and Paul all agree what sin really is and it is much deeper than what many believe. Yes, Jesus was tempted, but according to all the witnesses I have provided in scripture he did not sin. Jesus could say he did not sin because IN HIM there was no sin, no evil thoughts or desires. Because of the lack of this knowledge some say it was possible Jesus could have sinned. I hope what I have written here clears up that error.