General Heaven on Earth / Kingdom on Earth

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
  • Abraham’s Reward and Ours: A careful study of the book of Hebrews reveals that the concept of “heaven” as a location beyond the skies is not the reward promised to Abraham and Christian believers.
    • Traditionally, we’ve been conditioned to think that the dead are transported to a heavenly home after death. However, let’s examine what Scripture actually says: Abraham, the great patriarch, received a promise of inheritance. He lived in the promised land (Palestine) as an alien, looking forward to a city with foundations, built by God (Heb. 11:8-10).
    • Isaac and Jacob were fellow heirs of the same promise, expecting to inherit a city within the land of promise (Heb. 11:9, 14).
    • Their reward was not a distant heavenly abode but the actual land where they resided as aliens.
    • Hebrews 12:28 equates this inheritance with the Kingdom of God, which includes the promised city and land (Heb. 13:14).
    • Jesus promised that the meek would “inherit the earth” (Matt. 5:5).
    • The reward is not a city to which we go; it’s the city that will come to the earth when Jesus returns.
  • The Restoration of Israel: The Hebrew prophets consistently looked forward to a day when the Messiah would rule the earth from Jerusalem.
  • Acts 1:6 records the disciples’ question to Jesus: “Lord, has the time now come for you to restore the Kingdom to Israel?”
  • This question implies belief in the future establishment of the Messianic Kingdom on earth, administered by Jesus, the Apostles, and resurrected saints.
  • Jesus promised the Apostles that they would rule the twelve tribes of Israel (Matt. 19:28; Luke 22:28-30).
  • The enthronement of Jesus and the disciples will occur at the Second Coming, when he sits on the throne of glory (Matt. 25:31).
  • The restoration of all things, promised by God through the prophets, includes the establishment of Jesus’ Kingdom on earth (Acts 3:21).
  • Enoch and Elijah: Jesus will return and reign for 1000 years in a renewed earth, alongside all the saints of all ages.
  • After progressively eradicating evil, a further renewal will bring “heaven” to this planet (Rev. 21:1-4).
In summary, the biblical hope is not an escape to a distant heavenly realm but the restoration of God’s Kingdom on earth.

Learn more

Abraham's Reward and Ours | Simply Christian

The Kingdom of God and the Restoration of Israel | Simply Christian

Enoch and Elijah: Where Are They Now? | Simply Christian

Last edited:
Reactions: Outcast

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Heaven cannot be a “place” , YAHWEH cannot be contained in a place called heaven and be omnipresent. Heaven , our FATHER who art heaven. Wherever Yahweh is is heaven. When HE created anything HIS presence in it was what sustained it, if HE is not in it then it does not exist. Acts 17:27 The universe exists because of HIS will and continued presence in it. The hope is life, immortality and impeccability , in the kingdom of YAHWEH. Peter tells us that the prophets were for the church, 1 Peter 1:12 , and only people with the Holy Spirit can understand. Is the kingdom of GOD a physical kingdom ? Has that kingdom existed before in shadow form ? Is restoration restoring a kingdom or a people found worthy to inhabit a new creation, a future kingdom, behold HE makes all things new.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Amen! @LeeB

And Yahweh's tent will be with mankind!

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.
As incredible as it may sound I believe that we have GOD all around us and through us as HE truly is omnipresent. We walk through HIM eat and breath HIM. Without HIS presence in all things none would exist . We are totally oblivious to this until HE opens our spirits to see HIM and understand these things. We cannot go anywhere that GOD is not there. Acts 17:27,28 We live and move and have our being in HIM.

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
  • Abraham’s Reward and Ours: A careful study of the book of Hebrews reveals that the concept of “heaven” as a location beyond the skies is not the reward promised to Abraham and Christian believers.
    • Traditionally, we’ve been conditioned to think that the dead are transported to a heavenly home after death. However, let’s examine what Scripture actually says: Abraham, the great patriarch, received a promise of inheritance. He lived in the promised land (Palestine) as an alien, looking forward to a city with foundations, built by God (Heb. 11:8-10).
    • Isaac and Jacob were fellow heirs of the same promise, expecting to inherit a city within the land of promise (Heb. 11:9, 14).
    • Their reward was not a distant heavenly abode but the actual land where they resided as aliens.
    • Hebrews 12:28 equates this inheritance with the Kingdom of God, which includes the promised city and land (Heb. 13:14).
    • Jesus promised that the meek would “inherit the earth” (Matt. 5:5).
    • The reward is not a city to which we go; it’s the city that will come to the earth when Jesus returns.
  • The Restoration of Israel: The Hebrew prophets consistently looked forward to a day when the Messiah would rule the earth from Jerusalem.
  • Acts 1:6 records the disciples’ question to Jesus: “Lord, has the time now come for you to restore the Kingdom to Israel?”
  • This question implies belief in the future establishment of the Messianic Kingdom on earth, administered by Jesus, the Apostles, and resurrected saints.
  • Jesus promised the Apostles that they would rule the twelve tribes of Israel (Matt. 19:28; Luke 22:28-30).
  • The enthronement of Jesus and the disciples will occur at the Second Coming, when he sits on the throne of glory (Matt. 25:31).
  • The restoration of all things, promised by God through the prophets, includes the establishment of Jesus’ Kingdom on earth (Acts 3:21).
  • Enoch and Elijah: Jesus will return and reign for 1000 years in a renewed earth, alongside all the saints of all ages.
  • After progressively eradicating evil, a further renewal will bring “heaven” to this planet (Rev. 21:1-4).
In summary, the biblical hope is not an escape to a distant heavenly realm but the restoration of God’s Kingdom on earth.

Learn more

Abraham's Reward and Ours | Simply Christian

The Kingdom of God and the Restoration of Israel | Simply Christian

Enoch and Elijah: Where Are They Now? | Simply Christian
Hey LJ, those scriptures you cited for me tick the boxes for an earthly kingdom although the book of John seems to contradict those in my opinion, not that I'm a big fan of the fourth gospel and also some passages from Paul seem to point to a heavenly kingdom. Could that heavenly kingdom be on earth though? Anyway, scriptures aside; many people who report near-death experiences give a somewhat consistent theme in which they testify that earth is a temporary home rather than a permanent home and a deep feeling of being home in the heavenly realm. An interconnectedness to everything living and a lack of judgment as well. I realise it's hard to reconcile this phenomenon with the scriptures. Although some 20-25% report being in a hellish atmosphere with all sorts of devilish things going on and what eventually ensues is a second chance type of offer back on earth. I don't personally think we can brush aside those who've had NDE's because the overall consistent themes are striking in my opinion

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Near death experience, no one is dead but are NEAR death. The supply of blood and oxygen diminished, the thoughts conflicted and influenced by not only demonic forces but also the ideas of the person. Demons love to be around the dying and the dead. Scripture is very plain about the state of the dead. To deceive, demons , of the power of “the air”, broadcast images into the spirits of the dying. This supports the lie of the immortal soul. We are told the dead no nothing, their thoughts perish. The ability of our human spirit to keep the body alive is severely curtailed. The spirit gives life the flesh profits nothing. Remember it is near death, not death, just as artificial intelligence is artificial, not real. With medical attention or just by bling luck, victims recover and some tell their stories about whatever the demons fed them. Jesus experienced a similar thing in the garden of Gethsemane when he was attacked by Satan , to kill Jesus before the crucifixion. Jesus thought he was going to die and this surprised him, he never experienced anything like this. He prayed to the FATHER to take it away and the FATHER sent an angel to strengthen him, he recovered and went on to the cross.

The kingdom of GOD is a 100% spirit kingdom. The people we rule and reign over with Christ are not in the kingdom but being ruled over by it. Salvation is being in the kingdom of GOD having immortality and impeccability. The people are flesh and blood and cannot be in the kingdom but have the hope to enter if found worthy. The reward of the saints is everlasting life, not a place their immortal souls go to .

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
To say that near-death experiences are only "near death" is playing semantics and owe it to themselves and do some research. Many have clinically died. Yes, died for some seconds/minutes. Their heart has stopped beating that's why you can say they have died. I don't think the NDE term does it justice literally. I agree with that. Fact; people have died and have seen glimpses of the heavens. They have consistently testified to common themes, experiences and characters although not the same names etc. We owe it to ourselves not to just shrug off these realities and listen to the many who testify to this phenomenon. Godly and demonic presences. Why don't we weigh up the odds of most of these people's experiences? Why don't we? What are we afraid of? Do yourselves a favour and get on YouTube, read some books, and magazines on what these people experience and decide for yourselves without judging from a 2000-year-old book

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
John 3:13 If what you suggest is true then Jesus lied. Also Solomon in Ecclesiastes states the dead know nothing and David in several Psalms says thoughts perish . Isaiah says the dead cannot praise the LORD only the living. Scripture confirms humans are mortal, that death is the end of life, that life temporary and the hope of salvation is life from the dead. Therefore these NDE accounts must have another explanation.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Those who have had their hearts stop beating only to have it started again are called "near death." During that period when the heart did not beat, however, the brain (spirit?) was still alive. Until it happens to me, though, I won't know what it is like.
A quick search on the topic of brain activity after heart stops has many hits.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Hey LJ, those scriptures you cited for me tick the boxes for an earthly kingdom although the book of John seems to contradict those in my opinion, not that I'm a big fan of the fourth gospel and also some passages from Paul seem to point to a heavenly kingdom. Could that heavenly kingdom be on earth though? Anyway, scriptures aside; many people who report near-death experiences give a somewhat consistent theme in which they testify that earth is a temporary home rather than a permanent home and a deep feeling of being home in the heavenly realm. An interconnectedness to everything living and a lack of judgment as well. I realise it's hard to reconcile this phenomenon with the scriptures. Although some 20-25% report being in a hellish atmosphere with all sorts of devilish things going on and what eventually ensues is a second chance type of offer back on earth. I don't personally think we can brush aside those who've had NDE's because the overall consistent themes are striking in my opinion
Thy kingdom come thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. The saints are kings and priests and will reign on earth. Daniel 2:44 Revelation 11:15

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Those who have had their hearts stop beating only to have it started again are called "near death." During that period when the heart did not beat, however, the brain (spirit?) was still alive. Until it happens to me, though, I won't know what it is like.
The brain does not think or store information that is a function of the human spirit . Adam had a brain when Yahweh formed his body but he was not alive or conscious until the spirit/breath of life was added. When we die the brain goes back to dust, it is the human spirit that goes back to YAHWEH.

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Thy kingdom come thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. The saints are kings and priests and will reign on earth. Daniel 2:44 Revelation 11:15
Let me quote some scriptures in Revelation while we're at it.....

Revelation 1:1 "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servantsa the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Revelation 1:7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, EVEN THOSE WHO PIERCED HIM; and all the tribes of the earth will MOURN OVER HIM. Yes, amen.

Revelation 2:25 25Nevertheless, hold fast to what you have until I come

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Let me quote some scriptures in Revelation while we're at it.....

Revelation 1:1 "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servantsa the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Revelation 1:7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, EVEN THOSE WHO PIERCED HIM; and all the tribes of the earth will MOURN OVER HIM. Yes, amen.

Revelation 2:25 25Nevertheless, hold fast to what you have until I come

Revelation 3:10, 11…”Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Revelation 10:6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay,

Revelation 14:3, 4 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. And no one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they are virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever He goes. They have been redeemed from among men as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

Revelation 14:7 . He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.

Revelation 22:6, 7, 12, 20 “ Then he said to me, these words are faithful and true, and the lord God of the holy prophet s sent his angels to show his servants the things that must shortly take place

7 Behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of prophecy in this book

12Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Do you think that maybe Revelation was wrapped up in the apostles era? and applied to the 7 churches?

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Revelation 14:7 . He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.

Revelation 22:6, 7, 12, 20 “ Then he said to me, these words are faithful and true, and the lord God of the holy prophet s sent his angels to show his servants the things that must shortly take place

7 Behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of prophecy in this book

12Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Do you think that maybe Revelation was wrapped up in the apostles era? and applied to the 7 churches only?

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Many people have witnessed official death on earth (when the heart stops beating) that to my knowledge and true definition is when a person is classified as being dead. I'm not aware of any other definition but many people with the same type of testimony will attest to being in a heavenly realm/dimension with the same experiences. A true belonging and sense of being home and are told that earth is only a very temporary place. These consistencies need to be addressed and I don't think we can flog them off as misfiring neurotransmitters or just reliving the past etc

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Would it be correct to say that you believe in immediate life after death in heaven or hell ?

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Perhaps it is simply a time when a person has their own revelation of the future?

There have been reports from adults and children of their time "outside the body" and the things that they saw. It was not always seeing Yeshua or departed family. What was seen varies with the person whose heart starts beating again.

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Would it be correct to say that you believe in immediate life after death in heaven or hell ?
What I’m saying is that we should not be quick to dismiss the heavenly realm as many people have attested to this realm/dimension. I’ve seen and read much about this subject. What? Are we going to dismiss all the consistent testimonies in our day (even tangible ones where the patient can recall floating above the surgery and/or procedure and can pin point what was said and used afterwards) because those phenomena don’t line up with our biblical understandings? One obvious thing I’d like to point out, these people obviously had a second chance to return to life on earth, otherwise they would not have given their testimony and this is the kicker, we would never known about it and we’d be left in the dark to whether they were going to spend life in the heavenlies so maybe the glimpses of the heavens (although most say it felt like it was weeks rather than seconds or minutes) is an exception rather than the rule. We don’t know but we need to keep an open mind. Unlike most drones from sector seven ( Watchtower robots and bible fundamentalists

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
There is nothing in scripture to support NDE . Biblical understandings explain to us that only through Christs sacrifice can the dead ever live again. This is the message of the gospel. The witch of Endor , 1 Samuel 28:7-25 , conjured up a familiar spirit that impersonated Samuel. If demonic spirits are capable of this, then what else. I do believe some people have these NDE’s but the explanation for them is not life separate from the body.

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
Look mate. you just stay in you're own little bible bubble and I'll stick with what's really going on in our world today and and maybe a generation past. I've listened to at least 50 videos with many consistent themes and testimonies. I suggest you start doing the same if you can get out of the bible for 5 seconds