SC Facilitator

Staff member
Nov 29, 2022
“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Romans 15:4 (ESV)

d1-17-23.png

Source: God is always good | Katie Faris (Proverbs31.org)

Excerpt:​
Motherhood isn’t what I expected.

It’s a whole lot more — more joy and more sorrow.

While I know that being a mom is a wonderful calling, this role has also exposed my heart to the wounding arrows of pain and grief. From newborn-feeding issues to my children’s serious medical diagnoses, my motherhood journey has included detours I never expected.

Maybe you navigate a child’s special needs, a teen’s rebellion or your own unique sorrows of motherhood.

These are painful realities in our broken world, and all the “feels” travel with them.

God designed us to feel deeply, which is wonderful, but our emotions aren’t reliable. We don’t live in Eden, and our bodies, relationships and circumstances experience the impacts of sin. Especially when life is difficult or unpredictable and we add some hormones — our feelings are changeable.

But here’s good news for our fluctuating hearts:

God is still good, whether we feel like He is or not. Because He is good (and powerful and wise and all His other attributes), we can trust Him, even in our suffering.

[ More...]

Reactions: Diana S