Encouragement Giving Our Kids a BIG View of God

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
Deuteronomy 11:18-19 (NIV)

Source: Giving Our Kids a BIG View of God | Jennie Allen (proverbs31.org)

Excerpt:
My prayer is that we would use these short years with our kids to set the foundation of their understanding of God’s character and spark a friendship with Jesus that they’ll carry the rest of their lives. I want to reassure you that you are not doing this alone — God is working with you and is going to use your shepherding, no matter how imperfect.

God, we submit our kids to You. Draw them to Yourself and help them understand their place in Your story. Help us to live in such a way that our kids will know You love them and You are good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[more...]

Reactions: Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Sheperding parents can set the foundation in children's understanding of God's character and spark a friendship with Jesus that they will carry the rest of their lives. And when you as a parent keep doing so and love them, you are really IN your children too, biological or not. I was adopted by my parents and I feel as though they are IN me.

Parents are not doing this alone, beause God is working with you. How is he working with you?

Only recently I am starting to realize the meaning of a part in John 14. in the One God Translation Jesus says in verse 10c: The Father who lives IN me is doing His works through me. 11 Believe me, that I am IN the Father and the Father is IN me... 15... 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give another Counselor to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of the truth..., ... you do know it, because it remains with you and will be IN you. 18 "I will not leave you as orphans; (because of the Spirit IN us) I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will not see me any longer, but you will see me. Because I am going to be alive, you will be alive. 20 That day you will know that I am IN my Father, and you are IN me, just as I am IN you.
World English Bible says in Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God. 15 For you didn't receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"
When you love your children, adopted or not and you let them see our Father and his Son Jesus through you, than you are also IN them and they IN you.

• Love
Reactions: Lori Jane