Encouragement Facing the Fence of Fear

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 (ESV)

Source: Facing the Fence of Fear | Ashlyn McKayla Ohm, COMPEL Training Member (proverbs31.org)

Excerpt:
But the best ammunition against fear’s assaults is found in the second half of today’s key verse: “Do not be frightened … for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9c, emphasis mine).

Friend, I don’t know what fence you’re facing today. But I do know that the truth of God’s presence is the antidote to our every struggle.

In this world, fear will often speak into our souls. But it doesn’t have to be the loudest voice. May we find the strength to take the leap of faith — over the fences of fear and into the frontiers of faith.

Dear Lord, You see my heart, and You know what “fence” I’m facing in my own life right now. Please help me to be strong and courageous in the promise of Your presence. Grant me the holy boldness of Your Spirit to trust in Your unfailing love and to take the next step in faith that moves me forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[more...]

Reactions: Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
The article also says that at times fear can block us and that we can struggle to navigate through uncertainty...
Fear can also be a powerful motivator especially because people who have fear can be easily manipulated. Cults like watchtower use this tactic to control the herd of people in their grip.
The article ends with a prayer: Dear Lord, You see my heart, and You know what “fence” I’m facing in my own life right now. Please help me to be strong and courageous in the promise of Your presence. Grant me the holy boldness of Your Spirit to trust in Your unfailing love and to take the next step in faith that moves me forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
God knows what is in our hearts and the Spirit can lead us out of the claws of a cult and let us taste hristian freedom through Jesus, our Mediator, so we can grow spiritually in our search for truths.

Reactions: Lori Jane