General Endless suffering - is it really necessary?

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
I see the spirit in man, Job 32:8 , by many other names; the inner man, the breath of life, the mind, the heart . I see all humans are spirit in a temporary dwelling made of dust, an earthen vessel. We are all a spirit in a fleshly body. These two ingredients, body and spirit make the whole person. The whole is equal the sum of its parts, dust and breath were combined to make a soul . Our human spirit is what imparts life to the body. Our bodies grow old or in some way are damaged beyond what our spirit is able to sustain then the spirit leaves the body and returns to God. If we are a soul with both parts of dust and spirit functioning then we are alive but without either of the parts the whole cannot live. To have a soul be restored the parts that make it must be present. The dead child’s spirit had left the child thus ending the union of body and spirit, Elijah prayed for the child to be a soul again, send the child’s spirit back to the body. You gave many scriptures that testify to this. The human, the soul, is not immortal . Life and death are total opposites. The only way to become immortal is by God through Christ. Therefore to live forever or die forever are the only two possibilities.
I agree with this, brother. If I consider that "we will all be changed," I think of the "glorified body" that we are to get. If our spirit is combined with a "glorified body," do we not exist as a "living soul" again? Our old dust-created bodies are gone, and we again are a soul. The question of those who failed to believe are going to sit in judgement as well. To be before Yahweh and Yeshua, they also have to be in the same place we are? Do they not also have to be resurrected to judgment? I know this is not typically our question, as in MY mind; I think of the separating us between "sheep and goats." They must be souls just as we are. Maybe I'm over simplifying this, but the condemned "souls" will face the judgment that Yahweh prescribes. We will be judged also, but with a different outcome. Too simple?

1 Co 15:50–55 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
2 Corinthians 5:16 Jesus was a human, a soul subject to death but not subject to sin. Jesus was Revelation 3:14 the TRUE BEGINNING of the creation of Yahweh. Jesus is no longer a human being although he once was. The people who knew Jesus personally saw him that way but after his ascension he was that way no longer. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Paul is speaking in prophetic present tense as we are not yet a new creation but we are sort of in the process towards it. Jesus was like a human hybrid, his body was of the physical creation but his human spirit was of that new creation. Jesus lacked only one thing , immortality as a spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45 If we are successful in our calling, our election we will be recreated both body and spirit to be in the image of the ascended Jesus. 2 Corinthians 3:18 Christians are not resurrected to judgment but to life everlasting, there is no new condemnation to those in Christ. The sheep and the goats are not the church, they are the ones who face judgement at the great white throne. The church is being judged now, you and are now being judged to be found worthy. Luke 21:36 , 1 Peter 4:17 The saints are judged while human, while souls, then at the resurrection receive the promises. The second resurrection will have sheep and goats, people that are in that time are as we are now, sheep, the people that are goats have committed the unpardonable sin and cast into the lake of fire where both body and spirit, the complete soul , is destroyed, killed. The sheep of the second resurrection will go through the same process as we are now. Were we not in our past worthy of death but rather receive life instead ? The second resurrection sheep are a repeat of us.