Video Deuteronomy – Idolatry

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
Check out this new teaching from October 18, 2022

Deuteronomy – Idolatry

By Vince Finnegan

Deuteronomy 4:15-16 God did not show them any form, so they wouldn’t make images of God and Jesus like the pagans did of their gods.

19 Asherah, counterpart to Baal, was worshipped with sexual immorality, prostitution, divination, and fortune telling.

5:6-10 From the beginning, God was firm regarding this subject.

6:10-15 Shall not follow other gods.

7:17-26 Yahweh promised to defeat their enemies. They were to burn the images of the pagan gods.

11:16-17 He told them exactly what would happen if they worship other gods.

13:6-8 Do not be deceived even by your own family. Within two generations, our society has shifted from God-centeredness to humanism.

16:21-22 God hates idolatry.

17:2-7; 27:15; 29:16-18, 37-39

1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 5:3-12; Colossians 3:5-10 Today, we do not worship graven images; however, the way in which they are worshipped is still the same.

The post Deuteronomy – Idolatry appeared first on Living Hope International Ministries.

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
When I found out CSA (Child Sexual Abuse) is so widely spread in the Watchtower congregations world wide and that the victims are not being protected and being silenced by the leadership and policies and that in fact the perpetrators are being protected, than I think this could be seen as idolatry as well. Just my thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lori Jane

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
If Jesus would have told the Jewish people and the Pharisees he was their God, I think they would have stoned him where he stood. They worshipped only their one God. (although many of them also woshipped idols, like the calf, when they left Egypt) This is just a thought of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lori Jane