Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
EXPERIENCING TOMORROW'S REALITY TODAY
DAILY DEVOTIONAL
dd96da52-ee24-4e24-8d34-dfdf0b22461c.jpg
Friday, February 4, 2022

"And Jesus began to say to them, 'See to it that no one misleads you. Many will come in My name, saying, `I am He!' and will mislead many ... "And then if anyone says to you, `Behold, here is the Christ'; or, `Behold, He is there'; do not believe him; for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance." Mark 13:5-6,21-23

Deception prevention was high on Jesus' list of concerns as He spoke about things to come. He knew Christ imposters would come, and deceivers would subvert the truth regarding His Second Coming. He gave this advance notice so that His followers would be vigilant and discerning. Not everyone who sounds like Christ is of Him, and not everything that appears miraculous is genuine. Deception comes in convincing forms, and diligence is essential to avoid being duped.

The question, then, that begs to be asked is: How do I deceit-proof my life? A basic answer is, be as familiar with the genuine as possible. The best safeguard against what is false is to be keenly aware of that which is true (truth). Deception-prevention is pro-active.

At the end of this present age deceptive efforts will increase. A coming antichrist figure will arise amidst a tide of deceitful signs and wonders. A sobering fact is stated concerning those who "play loose with truth," and who dance with deception: "because they did not welcome the love of the truth of the gospel so as to be saved ... Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, so they will believe the lie" 2 Thessalonians 2:11 (AMP). Passivity toward God's truth will result in a deluding influence from God Himself. He will treat us according to our tendency.

Better things are in store for diligent disciples, who are good "Bereans." Acts 17:11 states "Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." A passion for truth, coupled with healthy personal discernment, are key ingredients for deception-proofing our lives.

Not to be lost in these sobering warnings is the great truth that Jesus IS coming again. Knowing the revealed truth concerning the signs of His coming is crucial to avoiding deception.

Let's be discerning even as we are watchful and expectant. Even so, Lord Jesus, come!

Living in hope,

Pastor Steve

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Deception, false doctrine and lies all have one thing in common, the force behind them all is Satan. One of the chief methods of operation by Satan is to recruit from humanity men and women who he has deceived to get a following after themselves, a church, and they then preach the deception, false doctrine and lies and since there is a mindset in people to accept the unscriptural organization of todays churches, that have one person in charge who does all the speaking and is thought to be some great person of God , the people soak it up without putting forth any effort to prove what was said. This trust that is placed in the deceivers is standard practice in all the churches . In the true Pentecost church the brethren all participated according to the guidelines set by the Apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 . Church is not a one man or woman show. Elders and pastors were there to keep order as Paul commanded from the Lord. Church is not just warming a seat in silence, dropping money in the plate and singing songs. If those who want to restore the church to its first century roots then these things must be included. If there is no challenge to what is said by a deceiver then the deception will be successful. The testimony of one witness is worthless, Deuteronomy 17:6 In a multitude of counselors there is safety, Proverbs 11:14 Pastors need to abdicate their role as sole speaker, leader and teacher and acknowledge that the entire church has the Holy Spirit and only the Holy Spirit is the teacher and Jesus Christ the leader then serve only in the capacity that Paul said. You will find nowhere in scripture the modern day church service.

Reactions: Outcast

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
The organized denominational churches are very reluctant to enact any changes from the status quo. After all, they wrote bylaws many years ago, and there seems not to be any courage to make an attempt to change them. I think we have done a disservice to God in singing "Give Me That Old Time Religion." We don't even want to see how it has failed in its purpose.

Reactions: LeeB

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
No one in the body of Christ should here the words, we have no need of you, as all members are to have part in the body. It is not difficult to determine outright sin from honest, respectful challenges to doctrine. If someone is involved with a group that prevents loving exchange of thoughts and ideas then they need to leave, I read here on Simply Christian the stories of those who have suffered because of unGodly practices in false churches and I notice that on their own with Gods Spirit guiding and teaching them they learn more true spiritual things than in any church. I fellowship with a small group of people who have experienced false Christianity and we all came out of that and from that time have been taught by God through Jesus Christ. Our teacher is the helper, the Spirit, our leader is Christ. The growth we have have experienced is phenomenal. Those yet trapped by the idea of “modern” churchianity are deceived.

Reactions: Outcast

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Thanks for your response, LeeB. I can only pray that Father provides me a group of brethren who desire truth more than status quo. I don't even know how to look for one.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Outcast, it is my belief that when God calls and chooses people HE tends to do so in small groups but if someone is physically alone God and Christ are always with you and will never forsake you. It is my observation that you will not find these brethren in any organization, a 501C3, and they will not be large in number. Jesus gave the sign of how to know his disciples when he said, “by this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” These saints are not out trying to gain members or preaching the gospel, they live quite and peaceable lives keeping themselves unspotted from the world. They keep no days and do not participate in politics or join some Earthly cause. They love God and their neighbor. They are not perfect but know perfection will come when in the kingdom of God. I will join you in prayer that you will find what you seek.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Outcast, it is my belief that when God calls and chooses people HE tends to do so in small groups but if someone is physically alone God and Christ are always with you and will never forsake you. It is my observation that you will not find these brethren in any organization, a 501C3, and they will not be large in number. Jesus gave the sign of how to know his disciples when he said, “by this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” These saints are not out trying to gain members or preaching the gospel, they live quite and peaceable lives keeping themselves unspotted from the world. They keep no days and do not participate in politics or join some Earthly cause. They love God and their neighbor. They are not perfect but know perfection will come when in the kingdom of God. I will join you in prayer that you will find what you seek.
I thank you for your prayer. I know of a few others who realize that deception has been forced upon congregations for a very long time, but they keep it a secret. Social acceptance is a powerful force.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
You are correct. A survey was conducted among various pastors or ministers from different churches and a large percentage indicated that some things they taught they did not believe themselves. Many know that the soul is not immortal but after teaching it is for well over a thousand years it would look bad if they came out with the truth eroding
trust in the church.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
You are correct. A survey was conducted among various pastors or ministers from different churches and a large percentage indicated that some things they taught they did not believe themselves. Many know that the soul is not immortal but after teaching it is for well over a thousand years it would look bad if they came out with the truth eroding
trust in the church.
It is sad, isn't it? Believing that truth will hurt the church is a contradiction of the statement that the truth will "set you free." I think the truth can result in stronger and a more solidly based faith.

believer22

Jan 11, 2024
Absolutely right on LeeB! Yes!

This needs to be taught so badly in the church.

Blessings to you for posting your reply.

Deception, false doctrine and lies all have one thing in common, the force behind them all is Satan. One of the chief methods of operation by Satan is to recruit from humanity men and women who he has deceived to get a following after themselves, a church, and they then preach the deception, false doctrine and lies and since there is a mindset in people to accept the unscriptural organization of todays churches, that have one person in charge who does all the speaking and is thought to be some great person of God , the people soak it up without putting forth any effort to prove what was said.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
But, in those churches, people are taught that the one who holds the "truth" has a diploma from institutions who also claim to know the truth. Letting God affirm truth for us is treated as an unacceptable method of attaining knowledge. In short, it is sad that organized religion is more about man's institutions than it is about God.
People have been trained to believe "teachers" and to not bother with seeking God truth.

Reactions: believer22