General CULT OR RELIGION? WHAT IS A CULT? Rachel Bernstein, cult expert explains.

SC Facilitator

Staff member
Nov 29, 2022
In episode 57 of Youtube channel Meredith for Real: the curious introvert, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Rachel Bernstein defines what makes a cult a cult.
She discusses active cult groups in Florida, unexpected groups that use cult psychology, who is vulnerable for cult recruitment & how to recovery if you are or have been in one.
She is a Los Angeles based psychologist specializing in cults, systems of control & manipulators....

Excerpt from the video:

18:10 - Meredith: one question hit me in the heart, cause it was so vulnerable: from a listener: Jen Mueller asks: I'm Jehovah's Witness. Am I in a cult?
Rachel: Ok, Jen...when I was groing up I didn't think of Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult...what I think is important for the listener to hear is...I didn't know it had cult-like tendencies until Jehovah's Witnesses and former Jehovah's Witnesses started contacting me...these Jehovah's Witnesses were the ones who were letting me know, over and over and over again, that it fit the profile...

Reactions: Diana S