Devotional Clinging to God’s Promises

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures … Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me …”
Psalm 23:1-2, 4 (ESV)
Source: Clinging to God’s Promises | Zahra from Iran (proverbs31.org)

Excerpt:
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures … Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me …” (Psalm 23:1-2, 4).

And because His promise is true, I can forgive my persecutors through His strength. I can honestly say that I love them with all my heart. As Jesus said of those who put Him on the cross, “they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34a, ESV). I want to tell even my persecutors that Christ Jesus is Truth and that they can have Him, too. As a family, we always pray for them.

For us, Jesus is life itself. In prison, my interrogator asked me if all our suffering was worth it. He said, “Imagine I am not your interrogator and you are not a convict. Knowing all this would happen to you, would you pick Jesus again?”

Without hesitation, I told him, “Yes, absolutely.”

Lord, thank You for promising never to leave me. Would You help me to remember Your words and to cling to them when I’m stressed, afraid and confused? Please surround Zahra and her family with Your peace to tolerate the hard days, and open up new ways for them in Turkey. Be with my global Church family members who risk their lives to follow You no matter what. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[more...]