Question Am I in a cult? How would I know? | A Cult test / Combating Cults with Steven Hassan | Jack Youtube Channel | Video

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
Isn't it surprising that most of the answers given referring to my local church would qualify it as a cult?
Very sad, isn't it? I never thought I was in a cult. It never even crossed my mind. Well, what was left of it. I was brainwashed by Watchtower and did not know. Most don't know. Outsiders do. Outsiders know more about your cult than you do. I found out after I left. And I thought I was happy. Until I left. I wake up happy every day ever since I completely left.

Reactions: Outcast

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
To varying degrees all churches are a cult. They may lack some of the reasons given in the video but have enough of them to fit the definition. All cults are led by men or women, humans. The only sure fire way to eliminate any chance of being in a cult is to eliminate all human led churches. God and Christ are not a cult but the real, true and genuine faith. Since the scriptures scream out to us that the Fathers Holy Spirit is the ONLY teacher and Christ the ONLY mediator then why would anyone look to some human ? So, if someone is in any church led by a human, they are in a cult. I find it ironic that churches point their fingers of accusation at each other when they are all guilty. Jeremiah 17:5 , Psalm 118:8 , Psalm 146:3 , Isaiah 2:22 , Psalm 60:11 , 1 John 2:27 , John 6:45 , John 14:26 , 1 Corinthians 2:17 , Ephesians 4:21 .

• Love
Reactions: Outcast and Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
To varying degrees all churches are a cult. They may lack some of the reasons given in the video but have enough of them to fit the definition. All cults are led by men or women, humans. The only sure fire way to eliminate any chance of being in a cult is to eliminate all human led churches. God and Christ are not a cult but the real, true and genuine faith. Since the scriptures scream out to us that the Fathers Holy Spirit is the ONLY teacher and Christ the ONLY mediator then why would anyone look to some human ? So, if someone is in any church led by a human, they are in a cult. I find it ironic that churches point their fingers of accusation at each other when they are all guilty. Jeremiah 17:5 , Psalm 118:8 , Psalm 146:3 , Isaiah 2:22 , Psalm 60:11 , 1 John 2:27 , John 6:45 , John 14:26 , 1 Corinthians 2:17 , Ephesians 4:21 .
Thank you LeeB.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
100%