Devotional 2.9 | Space for Grace | THE SAMARITAN WOMAN – Satisfied in Jesus

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
February 9th
PEOPLE JESUS MET

THE SAMARITAN WOMAN – Satisfied in Jesus

All who drink of this water will be thirsty again. But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more.

John 4:13, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

February 9th    PEOPLE JESUS MET image.jpg

Profile: The woman was perplexed by a Jew asking her, a Samaritan woman, for a drink. Jesus further aroused her curiosity by talk of "living water" imparting eternal life (life of God) as an internal well so that she “will never thirst again.” He went on to reveal his knowledge of her personal life in seeking satisfaction through six relationships. The woman evasively raised a religious question as to the place of worship.

Jesus explained that the place is immaterial. Her reply expressing her belief that Christ would come was met with Jesus’ affirmation that he was Messiah. The woman went into town declaring the news about Jesus. He spent two days serving them - which nourished him (vs 34).

Lessons:​

• Jesus made a three-day detour to meet her. He broke through the barriers of sex, race, religion, and morality to engage in a conversation that broke social convention. He took a foreign woman of five failed marriages and made her the first evangelist.

• She was seeking satisfaction in her relationships with men. Jesus should be her life’s satisfaction – her man! Make Jesus our true love. Meeting Jesus is not about getting your questions answered. It is about having Him turn your life around so it is reoriented with Him at the centre. Her realisation of Jesus identity was gradual: He is a Jew (vs 9); a prophet (vs 19); the Christ (vs 29); Saviour of the world (vs 42).

• She witnessed about Jesus to the townspeople she had previously avoided. This led to a bountiful harvest.

Has Jesus become your life’s satisfaction?​

Attachments

• February 9th PEOPLE JESUS MET.pdf
    224.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Lori Jane

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
I noticed in John 4:9 that the woman said "for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans." Jesus was above this and did mingle with those who were not Jews, from time to time. I believe that my revulsion for the doctrine of trinitarianism has distracted me from continuing to try and reach out to trinitarians. I did witness to trinis for a time, but the responses were wearing on me. Everyone has a shot at the kingdom. Having no dealings w/ trinis, like the Jews had no dealings w/ the Samaritans, is not the way to go. What an eye opener 😳