Devotional 2.26 | Space for Grace | CLEOPAS – Eyes opened!

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
February 26th
PEOPLE JESUS MET

CLEOPAS – Eyes opened!

They said to one another, ‘Did we not feel our hearts on fire

as he talked with us on the road and explained the scriptures to us?’

Luke 24:32, New English Bible

February 26th      PEOPLE JESUS MET image.jpg

Profile: It was Sunday, resurrection day, Cleopas and his unnamed companion were walking to Emmaus, seven miles west of Jerusalem. Earlier they had heard the unbelievable news that Jesus’ body had gone. The risen Lord appeared as a stranger and asked them what they were discussing. After their explanation, he says, “How foolish and slow you are to believe all that the prophets have spoken!” (vs 25) As he explained references in all Scripture about Christ, the fire of their faith that had died out on Golgotha came back to life and burned with hope. It was when the stranger broke bread with them that they realized his identity. Jesus vanished and they returned to Jerusalem to tell the others.

Lessons:​

• Are you Cleopas’ unnamed companion? Has Jesus opened up your eyes to the true interpretation of Scripture: Jesus Himself? You now read the Bible using ‘Jesus’ glasses’: Genesis and see Jesus as the Seed; Exodus as the Deliverer; Leviticus as Sacrificial Substitute; Numbers as the Rock; Deuteronomy as the Righteous One …

• Help fellow travellers on Emmaus Road to see Christ through the Scriptures, to be set on fire for Him, so that they may come to know him personally (John 5:39; 1 Pet 1:10- 12; Rev 19:10).

• Prayer: ‘Please Lord open my mind by Holy Spirit to see you in all of scripture. Lead me thereby to true repentance and faith in you as my Lord and Saviour – to know that you have given your life for me, to live your life in me and through me to the glory of the Father.’

Do you see Jesus in all of Scripture?​

Attachments

• February 26th PEOPLE JESUS MET.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 0