Devotional 1.20 | Space for Grace | Psalm 90 | Man’s Frailty

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
January 20th
THE PSALMS

Psalm 89-91​

Psalm 90

Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 90:12, New Living Translation

Theme: Man’s frailty.

Background: The older generation of Israelites were dying off in the wilderness.

January 20th THE PSALMS image.jpg

90:4 “For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.”​

“From eternity until eternity you are” (vs 2, LXX). God does not indwell time, He indwells eternity. Eternity is not just a very long period of time; it is a different mode of being, higher than time. From the serenity and heights of eternity God beholds time. From that viewpoint, 1,000 years with God is like three hours that have passed in our experience. God invites each of us to, as it were, step out of time into eternity. Physically we are still confined within the limits of time, but our internal spirit mingles with God’s Spirit so that we find “our true dwelling place” – God (Ps 90:1; John 17:3).

90:12 “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.”​

What is the most difficult thing in your life to manage? Some would say money or people but many find that time is the most elusive thing to handle. We, like Moses, should pray to be taught to number our days aright; to set our priorities in order. “Lord, I put my life before You as a blank sheet, and I ask You by your Spirit to write upon it Your priorities for me. Help me to invest my time today wisely, in a way that brings glory to You.” (Luke 12:19-21)

To waste time is to squander a gift from God.​

Attachments

• January 20th THE PSALMS.pdf
    221.3 KB · Views: 0

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
January 20th
THE PSALMS

Psalm 89-91​

Psalm 90

Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 90:12, New Living Translation

Theme: Man’s frailty.

Background: The older generation of Israelites were dying off in the wilderness.

View attachment 239

90:4 “For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.”​

“From eternity until eternity you are” (vs 2, LXX). God does not indwell time, He indwells eternity. Eternity is not just a very long period of time; it is a different mode of being, higher than time. From the serenity and heights of eternity God beholds time. From that viewpoint, 1,000 years with God is like three hours that have passed in our experience. God invites each of us to, as it were, step out of time into eternity. Physically we are still confined within the limits of time, but our internal spirit mingles with God’s Spirit so that we find “our true dwelling place” – God (Ps 90:1; John 17:3).

90:12 “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.”​

What is the most difficult thing in your life to manage? Some would say money or people but many find that time is the most elusive thing to handle. We, like Moses, should pray to be taught to number our days aright; to set our priorities in order. “Lord, I put my life before You as a blank sheet, and I ask You by your Spirit to write upon it Your priorities for me. Help me to invest my time today wisely, in a way that brings glory to You.” (Luke 12:19-21)

To waste time is to squander a gift from God.​

This post is a gem about how rich we are in just being. We all have the same amount of time. Time makes no distinction as to the wealthy or the poor.

Reactions: Lori Jane