Devotional 1.10 | Space for Grace | Psalm 45 | The Royal Wedding

Jim

Bible Challenge
Oct 5, 2020
January 10th
THE PSALMS

Psalm 44-48​

Psalm 45

My heart is on fire, boiling over with passion. Bubbling up within me are these beautiful lyrics as a lovely poem to be sung for the King. Like a river bursting its banks,

I’m overflowing with words, spilling out into this sacred story.

Psalm 45:1, The Passion Translation

Theme: The Royal Wedding.

Background: Praise the royal groom.

January 10th THE PSALMS image.jpg

45:1-2 “My heart overflows… You are the most handsome of the sons of men; grace is poured upon your lips.”​

How do you feel about Jesus? I do not mean a mere admiration for his compassion as you read the gospels, but an ardour for him because of personal attachment with him. The word “overflows” is related to the Hebrew word râchash, ‘boiling in oil’

- is my heart stir-fried when I talk about Jesus my king? He is also the bridegroom; he is yours! Could the passionate words of the Song of Solomon 5:10- 16 describe how you feel about him? His words drip grace towards you (Luke 4:22; Zech 4:7).

45:10-11 “Hear, O daughter, and consider, and incline your ear: forget your people and your​

father’s house…. He is your lord, bow to him.”

Like Ruth who left behind her past ties to Moab to be joined to her Boaz, believers must forsake their attachment to sinful things to be joined with Christ (Luke 14:26-33). We have much to forget as well as to learn. Is it possible to endure all the traumatic hardships of finally breaking free of the grip of a high control religion, worldly attractions, or sin – only to ignore the inviting call of Jesus our king? How sad to miss out the full blessings of wedded bliss with our Lord and the fellowship with others who are also children, the seed of Abraham (Ps 45:15- 17; Php 3:7-14).

Do you have wedding day excitement?​

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
When the father, God Almighty, sends the groom, his Son, Jesus from his house, heaven to meet his bride, its going to be an exciting banquet! Thx for the reminder happy anticipation of this 💒