General Whose Son is YHWH, the Christ?

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
Psalm 110 [[A Psalm of David.]] v1 The LORD said unto my (David') Lord (YHWH), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

In the New Testament, we also read the following:

Mat 22:41-46 KJV] 41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
v42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, [The Son] of David.
v43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
v44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
v45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
v46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any [man] from that day forth ask him any more [questions].

If David's Lord was YHWH of the Old Testament, then, whose Son is YHWH, the Christ?

May the good Lord share us more wisdom and understanding.

God Bless

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Hi @2Pillars! Way to jump right in! Welcome!

It's my understanding that there are two words for the word "lord" we see mentioned in the scriptures.

Adonai (ends with "eye" sound) - this refers to the one supreme Lord YHWH
Adoni (ends with "knee" sound) - this refers to a title of person you would give respect to like a king, or master of the house etc.

I think of our eye being higher than our knee and it helps me remember which one points to God almighty.

The Lexham English bible translates Psalm 110:1 as follows:

1 A declaration of Yahweh to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.”

Some translations use LORD and lord. The first LORD is for the Tetragrammaton / YHWH and the second lord is for adoni - the respectful title one but not for the supreme LORD YHWH.

My commentary says:
110:1 A declaration of Yahweh The Hebrew phrase used here, ne'um yhwh, refers to an announcement of Yahweh; the word ne'um can mean “oracle” or “utterance.” The expression is common in the prophetic books and marks Psa 110:1–3 as a prophetic utterance.

my lord The identification of adoni (“my lord”) is crucial to the psalm, and it determines how the psalm is used in a worship context. David may prophetically see himself as carrying on a divinely appointed role; in this case, he composed it as a song that the people sing regarding him as they celebrate in worship of God. Alternatively, David may prophetically see a future individual within his lineage receiving a divinely appointed role; in this case, he composed the psalm in his own voice in anticipation of that person.

Sit God, seated as a divine ruler, tells His chosen representative to sit beside Him in a place of honor and authority while He arranges everything.

Barry, J. D., Mangum, D., Brown, D. R., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Ritzema, E., … Bomar, D. (2012, 2016). Faithlife Study Bible (Ps 110:1). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

And regarding Matthew 24:

22:45 David calls him ‘Lord,’ how is he his son Jesus’ question hints at His messianic identity, as the crowds had recently hailed Him as the “Son of David” (Matt 21:9, 15).

Barry, J. D., Mangum, D., Brown, D. R., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Ritzema, E., … Bomar, D. (2012, 2016). Faithlife Study Bible (Mt 22:45). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

If David's Lord was YHWH of the Old Testament, then, whose Son is YHWH, the Christ?
So the first LORD is YHWH and the second Lord is the Messiah - Jesus Christ. I don't see a "Son is YHWH" in this text. "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?" I think the answer is that the messiah in in the line of David i.e.. "Son of David" and as the promised Messiah he deserves a respectful title of "Lord" adoni as he was also the "Son of God". The Pharisees knew this and that is why they didn't answer IMHO.

See the following references that have informed me of my interpretation.

Here is a previous thread on Psalm 110 Article - Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1) | Simply Christian

And some new ones just added
Article - Confusing the Two Lords | Simply Christian
Article - SIT THOU AT MY RIGHT HAND | Psalm 110:1 | Simply Christian
Video - Psalm 110:1 - "The LORD said to my Lord" - Dr. Joe Martin & J. Dan Gill | Simply Christian

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Psalm 110 is a royal psalm (about kingship) that is structured around two statements from Yahweh. The first is a prophetic oracle (vv. 1–3), and the second is a divine oath (vv. 4–7). Psalm 110 is connected to the messianic understanding of Jesus and His work. New Testament writers quote material from both halves of Psa 110 to support an understanding of Jesus as Messiah.

Barry, J. D., Mangum, D., Brown, D. R., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Ritzema, E., … Bomar, D. (2012, 2016). Faithlife Study Bible (Ps 110:title–7). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
110:1–7 This is a royal psalm with messianic implications that culminate in the person of Jesus Christ. As a psalm of messianic promise, the poem is the most frequently cited psalm in the NT (Ac 2:34–35; 1Co 15:25; Eph 1:20; Col 3:1; Heb 1:3; 7:17, 21; 1Pt 3:22). Although the psalm seems to address the Davidic dynasty, the ideal is never realized except in the Messiah.

Warstler, K. R. (2017). Psalms. In E. A. Blum & T. Wax (Eds.), CSB Study Bible: Notes (p. 917). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Ps 110:1–7. The explicit application of this Psalm to our Saviour, by Him (Mt 22:42–45) and by the apostles (Ac 2:34; 1 Co 15:25; Heb 1:13), and their frequent reference to its language and purport (Eph 1:20–22; Php 2:9–11; Heb 10:12, 13), leave no doubt of its purely prophetic character. Not only was there nothing in the position or character, personal or official, of David or any other descendant, to justify a reference to either, but utter severance from the royal office of all priestly functions (so clearly assigned the subject of this Psalm) positively forbids such a reference. The Psalm celebrates the exaltation of Christ to the throne of an eternal and increasing kingdom, and a perpetual priesthood (Zec 6:13), involving the subjugation of His enemies and the multiplication of His subjects, and rendered infallibly certain by the word and oath of Almighty God.

1. The Lord said—literally, “A saying of the Lord,” (compare Ps 36:1), a formula, used in prophetic or other solemn or express declarations.

my Lord—That the Jews understood this term to denote the Messiah their traditions show, and Christ’s mode of arguing on such an assumption (Mt 22:44) also proves.

Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 380). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
The Son of God (YHWH) physically EXISTED even BEFORE the World was. He was begotten or brought forth - from the bosom of the Invisible Spirit of the Father - into our physical world in the beginning of Genesis, when He commanded and said,"LET THERE BE LIGHT": and there was light. Gen. 1:3

The brightness of the glory of the the Son of God provided the light in the Beginning (Alpha) as He will also provide the light of the New Heaven and New Earth in the End (Omega)

Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

YHWH, the Son of God, became the only God physically formed for us to see and witness - before there was none; neither there shall be after him.

Since NO man hat seen the Invisible God Father at anytime (Jhn 1:18), YHWH could NOT have been the Invisible Almighty God Father but the Son himself, the Christ.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses (eye witnesses), saith the LORD (YHWH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was No God Formed, neither shall there be after me.

Therefore, YHWH is Jesus Christ himself, the Son of God , THE CHRIST - the only God physically formed for us to see and witness, before Him there was no God physically formed; neither there shall be after him - Isa 43:10.

His Father is the Invisible Spirit, the Spirit of Love, of whom No man hath seen at anytime NOR His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

[Jhn 1:18 KJV] 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

God Bless

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyesontheprize

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
The Son of God (YHWH) physically EXISTED even BEFORE the World was. He was begotten or brought forth - from the bosom of the Invisible Spirit of the Father - into our physical world in the beginning of Genesis, when He commanded and said,"LET THERE BE LIGHT": and there was light. Gen. 1:3
I don't agree with considering the Son of God as equal to YHWH. You've made the statement he existed before the world was but don't give any scriptural proof so it is just an opinion so far. Gen 1:3 supports the holy spirit carrying out the will of YHWH in my humble opinion.

I read your other comments and scriptures cited and don't feel any of it is compelling to believe Jesus is God the Son vs the Son of God.

I see God's spirit working fully through his Son but don't see the Son as God or part thereof.

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
I don't agree with considering the Son of God as equal to YHWH. You've made the statement he existed before the world was but don't give any scriptural proof so it is just an opinion so far. Gen 1:3 supports the holy spirit carrying out the will of YHWH in my humble opinion.

I read your other comments and scriptures cited and don't feel any of it is compelling to believe Jesus is God the Son vs the Son of God.

I see God's spirit working fully through his Son but don't see the Son as God or part thereof.

Dear Lori Jane,

The narrative of Gen. 1:1-2 is speaking of the period BEFORE the 1st Day
Gen 1:1-2 In the beginning God Created the heaven (Hebrew - Air) and the Earth (Hebrew -Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form (Dust), and void; and Darkness (Death) was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:1 Is a Preface or Summary - The Story of the Beginning of the Physical World
Genesis 1:2 Tells us the condition of the deep - empty / void - before the making of the physical world.
Genesis 1:3 The bringing forth of the LIGHT before anything is made - before the world was.
Genesis 1:4 The division of light from darkness - the first work of old.
Genesis 1:5 The evening and the morning the first day of creation.

Gen. 1:6-8 shows that the Firmament or Heaven, as God calls it in Gen. 1:8 was formed on the 2nd Day.

Without YHWH or Jesus, the Son -- The True Light -- that shinneth in heaven in the beginning (Gen 1:3), which lighteth every man that cometh into the world (Jhn 1:9) -- was Not anything Made that was Made (Jhn 1:3), because Everything Physical - as a potter would mold a clay - was formed by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten Son of the Invisible Spirit of God.

It is also a Biblical fact that this is what Jesus, the Son, was saying when He was praying to His Father at the Garden of Gethsemane
:

"And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the World Was." John 17:5

Glory is Brightness, a physical trait. The Son was reminding His Invisible God Father about the Brightness of his Glory that He shared and provided BEFORE the world was (Gen 1:3).... BEFORE the Making of our physical Worlds.

If one believes that In the beginning God created the Heavens (Plural) BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day, then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed....BEFORE the world was.

Conclusion: YHWH of Old is the Christ himself of the NT, the only begotten Son of the Invisible Almighty God Father of whom No man hath seen at ANYTIME nor His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

God Bless

Last edited:

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021

Dear Lori Jane,

Perhaps, like the author of the article, what you still don't realize is the Biblical fact that the invisible Almighty God Father has his OWN SELF BEING -
separate from the Son - even before the world was.

Jhn 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with THINE OWN SELF with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Without YHWH or Jesus, the Son -- The True Light -- that shinneth in heaven in the beginning (Gen 1:3), which lighteth every man that cometh into the world (Jhn 1:9) -- was Not anything Made that was Made (Jhn 1:3), because Everything Physical - as a potter would mold a clay - was formed by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten Son of the Invisible Spirit of God.

Let me know if you need more help understanding the thrust of the message of the cited texts.

God bless

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
what you still don't realize is the Biblical fact that the invisible Almighty God Father has his OWN SELF BEING - separate from the Son - even before the world was.
I understand you think it is a "biblical fact" but I don't. I see it as your opinion and that of many others. And many others view it as I do.

I believe Jesus got his start when he was conceived miraculously in Mary. I don't believe he existed literally prior to that. He existed notionally in God's plan.

Jhn 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with THINE OWN SELF with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Let me know if you need more help understanding the thrust of the message of the cited texts.
No thanks I'm good <g>
We've both shared why we believe as we do and I think we can leave it at that.

Thanks for the exchange!

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021

The brightness of the glory of the the Son of God provided the light in the Beginning (Alpha) as He will also provide the light of the New Heaven and New Earth in the End (Omega)

Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

YHWH, the Son of God, became the only God physically formed for us to see and witness - before there was none; neither there shall be after him.

Since NO man hat seen the Invisible God Father at anytime (Jhn 1:18), YHWH could NOT have been the Invisible Almighty God Father but the Son himself, the Christ.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses (eye witnesses), saith the LORD (YHWH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was No God Formed, neither shall there be after me.

Therefore, YHWH is Jesus Christ himself, the Son of God , THE CHRIST - the only God physically formed for us to see and witness, before Him there was no God physically formed; neither there shall be after him - Isa 43:10.

His Father is the Invisible Spirit, the Spirit of Love, of whom No man hath seen at anytime NOR His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

[Jhn 1:18 KJV] 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

God Bless

Dear Readers,

YHWH, the Son of God, was AGAIN sent into our physical world and Made Flesh - in the New Testament - to save us from our sins .

Heb 1
v4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
v5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
AND AGAIN, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

v1:6
AND AGAIN, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Why do you suppose the words "AND AGAIN" are used repeatedly or emphasized in the texts- 2x?

Let's continue reading the texts:

v1:10 And,Thou, Lord, in the Beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I see.... As I have explained before, the Son of God - called Lord God in the OT - was brought forth (begotten) in the beginning of Genesis BEFORE the world was, and provided the Light (Gen 1:3) during the the Creation process; and Made our physical Worlds (multiverse) with his own hands.

Then, YHWH, the Son, was AGAIN SENT into our world in the New Testament; MADE FLESH; born of the Virgin Mary; and die for us to save us form our sins.

v1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;
therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Conclusion: YHWH is Jesus Christ himself, the Son of the invisible Almighty God Father, of whom No man hath seen at anytime NOR His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

God Bless

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyesontheprize

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
Here’s how you reconcile the Bringing Forth of YHWH, the Son of God, into our Physical World from Invisible Spiritual Realm of the Father BEFORE the Making of our Worlds in the Beginning - Using only the Scriptures (my 3 witnesses).

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jhn 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Pro 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1;2

The same was in the beginning with God. Jhn 1:2

I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. Pro 8:23

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. Jhn 1:3

When [there were] no depths, I was brought forth; when [there were] no fountains abounding with water. Pro 8:24

And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Gen 1:4

in him was life; and the life was the light of men. Jhn 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth. Pro 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

Unfortunately, I am sure others would still choose to remain willingly ignorant of this Biblical Truth - just to hold on to their Ancient Traditional Goatherder's Theology. Oh well.....

God Bless

Last edited:

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
To me all of the scriptures you cite are about God's holy spirit which I understand to be his personal presence and power. It is personified as wisdom and his word among other things. It is our creators power which has been with him always.

That holy spirit accomplished his word. In Genesis it was the creation of the earth, humans, animals etc. In John it was the bringing forth of his son and the promised Messiah Jesus. God said let there be light and there was light. God said he was bring forth Jesus and his holy spirit overshadowed Mary and Jesus was miraculously begotten. God's word has always been with him and BECAME Jesus when the time was right.

The scriptures in Proverbs are referring to God's wisdom which has always been with him as well and to me is a facet of his holy spirit. We know for a fact when reading the genesis account that it was holy spirit going to and fro. That we can prove with scripture. Thinking it was Jesus is making assumptions to fit your theology IMHO. We can prove holy spirit was there. Genesis says that is the case.

Genesis 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said (his word), “Let there be light,” and there was light.

God spoke things into existence. He spoke the heavens and earth into existence via his holy spirit. He spoke Jesus into existence via his holy spirit.

Despite the massive popularity of the Bible, many are uncertain about who created the universe. The idea that Jesus was active as agent in the Genesis creation is popular, but is it based on the Bible?

Consider the following scriptures:

Acts 4:24 (the first believers): “With one mind they lifted their voices to God and said, ‘Sovereign Lord, You made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.’”

Acts 7:48-50 (Stephen): “The Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says, ‘Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool...Was it not My hand that made all these things?’”

Acts 14:15 (Paul and Barnabas): We are "preaching the Gospel to you, telling you to turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them.”

Acts 17:24-26 (Paul): “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth...He Himself gives all people life and breath and all things. And from one man He made every nation of mankind to inhabit the whole earth, determining the times set for them and the fixed limits of the places where they should live.”

Rev. 4:11 (24 elders): “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, because You created all things, and through Your will they existed and were created.”

Rev. 10:6 (an angel): He "swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it.”

Rev. 14:7 (an angel): “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and the springs of water.”

Mark 10:6 (Jesus): “At the beginning of creation, God made them male and female.”

Matt. 19:4 (Jesus): “Have you not read that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female?”

Rom. 11:35-36: “Who has first given to God, that God needs to repay Him? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.”

Heb. 2:9-10: “God...for whom and through whom all things exist.”

Heb. 3:4: “The builder of all things is God.”

Heb. 4:3-4: “God's works were accomplished from the foundation of the world...God rested on the seventh day from all His works.”

Heb. 11:3: “By faith we understand that the world was created at God’s command.”

1 Cor. 8:6: “There is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we live, and one lord Jesus Messiah, through whom are all things and through whom we live.”

Col. 1:16: “For in him [Jesus] [not 'by' him as mistranslated in some versions] all things in heaven and on earth were created, whether visible or invisible, thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through [not 'by' as mistranslated in some versions] him and for him.”

Other threads discussing this scripture / concept: [colossians 1:15-20 | Simply Christian]

The Creator is God, the Father. He made everything. He made man and woman. He rested at creation. Jesus came into being when Mary conceived supernaturally. The miraculous conception makes him the Son of God in a special sense (Luke 1:35). The Messiah Jesus was the reason for all creation, the occasion for creation, since as the firstborn (preeminent in rank) he is to possess all authority over everything under God. But God, the Father, the One God (1 Cor. 8:6) is the creator of all things:

Isaiah 44:24: "I am the LORD (YHVH) who made everything, who stretched out the heavens by Myself and spread out the earth alone."

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
Here’s how you reconcile the Bringing Forth of YHWH, the Son of God, into our Physical World from Invisible Spiritual Realm of the Father BEFORE the Making of our Worlds in the Beginning - Using only the Scriptures (my 3 witnesses).

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jhn 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Pro 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1;2

The same was in the beginning with God. Jhn 1:2

I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. Pro 8:23

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. Jhn 1:3

When [there were] no depths, I was brought forth; when [there were] no fountains abounding with water. Pro 8:24

And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Gen 1:4

in him was life; and the life was the light of men. Jhn 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth. Pro 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

Unfortunately, I am sure others would still choose to remain willingly ignorant of this Biblical Truth - just to hold on to their Ancient Traditional Goatherder's Theology. Oh well.....

God Bless
The scriptures in Proverbs are referring to God's wisdom which has always been with him as well and to me is a facet of his holy spirit. We know for a fact when reading the genesis account that it was holy spirit going to and fro. That we can prove with scripture. Thinking it was Jesus is making assumptions to fit your theology IMHO. We can prove holy spirit was there. Genesis says that is the case.

Please stop feeding us with Distorted Premises for Argument that I did NOT post nor made an assumption of with regards to the "holy spirit going to and fro" in Genesis as you described above???

The Scriptural Presentation is referring to the Wisdom and the Power Of God which is no other than the YHWH, the Son himself!.

However, the previous presentation above is about .... How you can reconcile the Bringing Forth of YHWH, the Son of God, into our Physical World from Invisible Spiritual Realm of the Father BEFORE the Making of our Worlds in the Beginning - Using only the Scriptures as my 3 witnesses.

Therefore, you do NOT have the right to EDIT the presentation into pieces and take then out of the THRUST of the Context of the Presentation DISREGARDING the three (3) Scriptural witnesses I provided. It's NOT even a Rebuttal to me.... but a Misdirection of the issues at hand with Convoluted Assumption.

Now, Read and Learn - who the actual Power and Wisdom of God in this Physical World of ours.

1Col 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; v24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Amen?

Last edited:

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
I'm going to give you a friendly reminder that this site is not for attacking or negative speech. The tone of your last post does not meet with those standards.

To respond to your accusation that I edited your comment I did not. I replied to a portion of you post - that is the way this forum software works - you highlight a statement and click reply. And in that reply I shared my understanding - this is a gentle debate forum - that is what I was doing.

If you simply want to share your beliefs and not have gentle debate then put it in the tritarian forum. There you can post whatever you want and no one is to reply negatively. If they want to rebutt then them create a post in this forum.

You said:
The Scriptural Presentation is referring to the Wisdom and the Power Of God which is no other than the YHWH, the Son himself!.
That is your opinion - your interpretation which I respect but in a debate forum I can rebutt or share my counter opinion/interpretation.
Therefore, you do NOT have the right to EDIT the presentation into pieces and take then out of the THRUST of the Context of the Presentation DISREGARDING the three (3) Scriptural witnesses I provided. It's NOT even a Rebuttal to me.... but a Misdirection of the issues at hand with Convoluted Assumption.
It's actually an alternative view which is what the forum is about - exploring views to the Bible. If you want to simply put out your views you are welcome to do that in the appropriate forum here on this si. Or you can start a blog of your own.

Now, Read and Learn - who the actual Power and Wisdom of God in this Physical World of ours.
This has a rude and condescending tone and is what you are being warned to refrain from on this site.

1Col 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; v24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
I agree Christ is the power and wisdom of God. What's interesting is this verse ties his power and wisdom with the church - the called.

And here is a commentary discussing "the power" and "the wisdom" that I like.
1:24 is the power of God Jesus’ death on the cross reveals God’s power to save people from sin and death, and thus His power to redeem seemingly irredeemable situations (like the problems at Corinth). The description of Christ as the power of God also challenges the Roman Empire’s use of crucifixion as a symbol of its own power. Resurrection hinges on God’s ability (see 1 Cor 15:17, 53–57; compare Isa 53:12).

the wisdom of God Christ can be described as the wisdom of God because His death and resurrection uniquely express God’s mysterious plan of salvation (1 Cor 2:7; 4:1). Christ demonstrates the paradoxical nature of God’s plan to save people from sin: it requires a death to save people from death (compare Isa 53:1).

Barry, J. D., Mangum, D., Brown, D. R., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Ritzema, E., … Bomar, D. (2012, 2016). Faithlife Study Bible (1 Co 1:24). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

2Pillars

Feb 15, 2021
Oh well... I am out of here since I won't put up with your blatant misrepresentation of other's Biblical position..... Bye