Scripture What did God call “very good” in the first 6 days?

Kaironaut

Feb 14, 2023
Texas
God parted the light from the darkness. He divided from waters to waters. He created the stars and heavenly bodies. He created animals of various kinds. He also made divisions within kinds. In the case of humans, one such division is male and female. On their respective days when God established His creatures and their natural distinctions, both drastic and subtle, he called them all “very good”. While this implies that improvement is possible, why in the interest of improvement do we call it “bad” or “not good enough”? There is trans-this and trans-that in modern jargon. These from my view are principles that we must consider before any directive. In fact, these preceded the commandments to men. To be fair creation became by divine decree/command, but such things preceded what we must consciously obey.

Even the word “sect” or “sex” is from Latin, meaning “division” or “distinction”. While the Romans did recognize natural differences as shown in their language, Genesis recognizes this as fundamentally “very good.”

Feel free to comment and add your thoughts on this thread.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Most all creatures are male or female and the command was to be fruitful and multiply, a command with obvious ramifications having an established method. All this ordained by Yahweh. There is not seen any other option given to obey the command. It seems that the text in Genesis is concrete or the established method by which creation continues by procreation.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
I see the universe as physical and temporary to be replaced with new heavens and Earth. I have no idea what that new will be like but I desire it. I see time in the current universe as a bubble in which we are prevented from seeing everything. God created time so that everything did not happen at once. With God everything did happen at once but we cannot perceive this. Time causes us to see the work of God in slow motion. This causes people to think God works through time to accomplish His will when in Gods reality it is already done. When John wrote Revelation he met a being he thought was an angel but this being identified himself as one of the prophets. Wouldn’t it be wild to think that John was talking to his future self. I do not say this as fact but as conjecture. Romans 11:33

Reactions: Kaironaut