General What books to read when waking up that will help maintain Faith in God

BeroeanObserver

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
One of the most important book to read to break the chains of the Organization:

Crisis of Conscience. By Raymond Franz

Most people stop at this book which is a big mistake, this breaks down the indoctrination but if left there only paints half the picture.

In Search of Christian Freedom By Raymond Franz

This books helps to rebuild what has now has been torn down, by showing that it is up to the individual person not an Organization that a relationship with their Heavenly Father is built and maintained. It reveals the dangers of allowing others to be the masters of your faith.

KellyP

Bible Challenge
Oct 9, 2020
Does anyone know where to get a copy of the book, in search of christian Freedom?
The one I saw on amazon very expensive when I checked a few months ago but not very good on doing searches.

BeroeanObserver

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
Does anyone know where to get a copy of the book, in search of christian Freedom?
The one I saw on amazon very expensive when I checked a few months ago but not very good on doing searches.
If you sent me your email in a personal message I'll send them to you

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
30 Years a Watchtower Slave ~ a must read! I was able to read it online free from my local library through Hoopla.

GraceMade

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 4, 2020
Being that the question was specifically on what to read to "maintain faith in God" and not specifically inform the doubts you had about WT teachings, I'd say that there is a vast body of interdisciplinary literature:
1. Darwin's Black Box by Behe
2. Signature In The Cell by Meyer
3. They Never Told Me This In Church by Deuble
4. Improbable Planet by Ross
5. The Creator and The Cosmos by Ross
6. Has Science Buried God by Lennox
7. Rare Earth by Brownlee
8. The Hidden Life of Trees by Wohlleben
9. The Revolutionary Genius of Plants by Mancuso
10. The Amazing Aims and Claims of Jesus by Buzzard
11. The Only Perfect Man by Chang
12. The Unseen Realm by Heiser
13. Life In The Son by Shank
14. The Stuff of Thought by Pinker
15. The Meanjng of Marriage by Keller

JoannaK

Bible Challenge
Dec 7, 2020
UK
One of the most important book to read to break the chains of the Organization:

Crisis of Conscience. By Raymond Franz

Most people stop at this book which is a big mistake, this breaks down the indoctrination but if left there only paints half the picture.

In Search of Christian Freedom By Raymond Franz

This books helps to rebuild what has now has been torn down, by showing that it is up to the individual person not an Organization that a relationship with their Heavenly Father is built and maintained. It reveals the dangers of allowing others to be the masters of your faith.
Yes! I read In Search of Christian Freedom first because the title resonated so much with how i woke up. I have now bought Crisis of Conscience on kindle at a reasonable price. Only just started reading it.