General Vaccine Hesitancy

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
I came across this Discover Magazine article about the 1976 Swine Flu "pandemic" and am sharing it to highlight why people like me are hesitant to take vaccines that are rushed to market let alone at all.

The Public Health Legacy of the 1976 Swine Flu Outbreak | Discover Magazine

Here is the key quote for me:
indeed, those who were infected with the flu only suffered from a mild illness while the vaccine, for the reasons stated above, resulted in over four-hundred and fifty people developing the paralyzing Guillain-Barré syndrome. Meanwhile, outside the United States’ borders, the flu never mushroomed into the anticipated public health disaster. It was the pandemic that never was. The New York Times went so far as to dub the whole affair a “fiasco,” damning one of the largest and probably one of the most well-intentioned public health initiatives by the US government (1).

As a former Occupational Therapist, I've treated patients with Guillain-Barré syndrome and it is debilitating. There are real risks with vaccines and the alternative is building your immunity naturally and if you get the virus deal with the symptoms. Yes the flu and other viruses can cause illness and in some - usually immuno-compromised individuals - death may occur. I want to choose my risk options not have one forced on me.

We have a history of this happening before.

What's different now is we have the internet to have a true discussion amongst each other. But to shut one side up they are vilified and called anti-vaxers. I'm pro-informed consent - full informed consent. True experts in the field of virology and science are being silenced when they speak up.

We should be able to question EVERYTHING and not be put down for it. Especially since we have a history like the swine flu fiasco.

I suspect that just like in 1975 there are political elements to this but more than that there are GREED elements to this. Follow the money as they say and see where it leads.

Reactions: Diana S and Bvenski