General Truth bombs!

London

Bible Challenge
Oct 13, 2020
I had an aneurysm back a few years ago. We all know that we are going to die. We don't normally think about that especially if we are relatively healthy. However, the day I had the aneurysm, wow the pain was so incredible 1600 mg of ibuprofen did not fully take it away. Fortunately it did not burst and I'm still alive. I was praying the whole time but did feel like God had forsaken me. God is the life giver and when your life is fleeting you feel like He has forsaken you. I knew He didn't forsake me and helped me get the right surgeon after a failed 1st attempt to embolize. I don't know how Jesus felt- He had perfect health and was feeling incredible pain....not to mention the importance of his sacrifice so there was more emotional intensity. My experience also had an intense emotional trauma but the weight of everyone was not on my shoulders..just the prospect of dying and leaving my loved ones with no comfort from me. The prospect of a sudden painful death was terrible too. I did receive comfort from our Heavenly Father through His spirit but it wasn't easy. Jesus being fully human albeit one directly made from our Heavenly Father binds us to him. He is not someone far above us that was infallible Godman or superhuman but as a true human he did feel what we feel and he does understand us. The only way we are directly created by our Heavenly Father is through Jesus and being born from Holy Spirit. Nice video...Thanks benadam1974

Last edited:

McSquidly

Feb 26, 2021
I had an aneurysm back a few years ago. We all know that we are going to die. We don't normally think about that especially if we are relatively healthy. However, the day I had the aneurysm, wow the pain was so incredible 1600 mg of ibuprofen did not fully take it away. Fortunately it did not burst and I'm still alive. I was praying the whole time but did feel like God had forsaken me. God is the life giver and when your life is fleeting you feel like He has forsaken you. I knew He didn't forsake me and helped me get the right surgeon after a failed 1st attempt to embolize. I don't know how Jesus felt- He had perfect health and was feeling incredible pain....not to mention the importance of his sacrifice so there was more emotional intensity. My experience also had an intense emotional trauma but the weight of everyone was not on my shoulders..just the prospect of dying and leaving my loved ones with no comfort from me. The prospect of a sudden painful death was terrible too. I did receive comfort from our Heavenly Father through His spirit but it wasn't easy. Jesus being fully human albeit one directly made from our Heavenly Father binds us to him. He is not someone far above us that was infallible Godman or superhuman but as a true human he did feel what we feel and he does understand us. The only way we are directly created by our Heavenly Father is through Jesus and being born from Holy Spirit. Nice video...Thanks benadam1974
Awesome, thanks for your story London, appreciate it

Reactions: Lori Jane

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Jesus was saying the 22 psalm on the cross and knew full well why he was hanging on it because John 12:27 he said so. God did not forsake His son. Jesus was wanting to do his Fathers will to become the salvation hope for all mankind. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins but had no part in those sins, they were ours not his and rather than we die because of them Jesus died instead. Since the wages of sin is death we all should have been paid death because death is what we earned and deserved. Hebrews 12:2 I disagree that Jesus was an ordinary man, I cannot understand those who think he was. If we must follow him to be made in his image then he was not like us spiritually only biologically.
2 Corinthians 3:18. Romans 8:29. We are not even close to what Jesus was spiritually and won’t be until our change comes at his return.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Read the post, Was Jesus a Coward ? ,
If God had truly had forsaken him why did He raise him from the dead ? Psalm 22:19-24 Jesus knew he would be raised from the dead . It is possible to make Jesus to much like us and not enough like his God whose image he was created in spirituality. The human spirit of Jesus is what we must be transformed into, the same image, to be in the kingdom.