General The human Son of God died!

benadam1974

Nov 15, 2020
The NT teaches the Son of God died and obviously God cannot die.

Rom 5:10a: “Once we were God’s enemies. But we have been brought back to him because his Son has died for us.”

Similarly Rom. 8.32 says: “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all.”

Gal. 2.20: “The Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

And John 3.16; 1 John 4.10 says that “God gave His only-begotten Son....as a sacrifice to take away our sins.”

NOTE: scripture says the work was done by the Son himself who suffered and eventually died as a sacrifice for our sins.
There is nothing to even suggest this happened to some impersonal human nature only.
And however you want to define death, the Bible says God simply cannot do it!

1 Timothy 1:17 NASB 1995
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.
Amen.

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
The NT teaches the Son of God died and obviously God cannot die.

Rom 5:10a: “Once we were God’s enemies. But we have been brought back to him because his Son has died for us.”

Similarly Rom. 8.32 says: “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all.”

Gal. 2.20: “The Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

And John 3.16; 1 John 4.10 says that “God gave His only-begotten Son....as a sacrifice to take away our sins.”

NOTE: scripture says the work was done by the Son himself who suffered and eventually died as a sacrifice for our sins.
There is nothing to even suggest this happened to some impersonal human nature only.
And however you want to define death, the Bible says God simply cannot do it!

1 Timothy 1:17 NASB 1995
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.
Amen.
What about Rev. 1:8,18 describing that Jesus died but is also Alpha & OmegA. Rev. 22:13.

Isa. 41:4, Isa. 44:6

• Wow
Reactions: benadam1974