Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
GOD WANTS US VICTORIOUS

How can you and I walk in victory? The battleground regarding temptation is in the mind. Sin starts in the mind… the devil works on the mind. He wants us to start thinking about that which is forbidden. Like Eve with the forbidden fruit, the devil wants us to fixate on that which is forbidden… on that which God clearly says, “Don’t do that.” The devil wants to get us to believe that the particular sin in question (whatever that sin may be) will satisfy us. Remember, the devil is a liar and a deceiver. The thing that looks so good will not really satisfy. It is like drinking salt water, it will not satisfy our thirst… it will just leave us sick, ashamed and in want.

The Bible tells us to “take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor. 10:5). If I do not allow my mind to dwell on that which God says is wrong, but rather focus my mind on that which God says is right (Phil. 4:8), I will win the battle. By taking every single thought that crosses my mind captive to the obedience of Christ, temptation will not be allowed to gain momentum and strength in my life. [more...]