Course Sons and Daughters of God: The Believer’s Identity, Calling, and Destiny

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith

Believers are children of God—a phrase that presumes family. The “children of God” are also called “holy ones” (“saints” in most translations). But these familiar New Testament terms have an Old Testament context that is largely overlooked—the spiritual world of God and his supernatural children. In the Old Testament, “sons of God” and “holy ones” refers to supernatural beings whose Father is God and who work with God to carry out his will. Learn where the metaphor of being in God’s family comes from in the Old Testament and how that informs our sense of identity and mission as believers.

by Michael S. Heiser | 2.5 Hours

If you go to faithlifetv.com and you have joined the Beroean Christains Faithlife group you can get access to this course for FREE - it usually costs $93.99.

For more details on this program see this thread.

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
This one caught my eye as I was adding these resources so when I woke up in the middle of the night coughing my head off I got some theraflu and put this on.

BTW Faithlife TV can play on your apple TV or other streaming device - very nice!

At any rate this is a very good series by Heiser. He breaks down the scriptures very well and opens your mind to a new way of understanding the heavingly host and how it sets a pattern for us humans.

Some take aways...

• "angel" is simply a job description not what they are.
    • Angel means messenger. Elohim is WHAT they are - gods.
    • Yes, gods but not as in almighty God (capital G) but gods as in a secondary sense.
  • Elohim is not about attributes, refers to anything in spirit world, disembodied spirit world.
    • Any member of the supernatural realm. It's a term more about residence or realm of existence.
  • We can have multiple elohim / gods.
  • Yahweh is the Elohim - he is species unique - there is no other like him
    • Unique elohim | Nehemiah 9:6
    • King over other elohim
    • Creator of the elohim
    • Deserves worship
  • Divine plurality
    • is not polythesim
    • the other elohim are not on same level as Yahweh

Reactions: Dana

Dana

Bible Challenge
Oct 28, 2020
Dickson City PA
I have enjoyed listening and learning so much to Heiser as well as the bible project- Tim Mackie. Such foundational biblical truths that seem to have been lost for millennia I dare say. I am not too much into orthodoxy.

• Love
Reactions: Lori Jane

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
I finished this last week and actually watched several parts twice or more. I do like Heiser although he can come across a bit arrogant at times - but can't we all <g>. He does know his subject and I find the subject of the invisible realm of heaven and our earthly realm fascinating. I can't wait until we can fully understand this.

Did anyone else watch this? What did you think?

I think good complements are Heiser's books Unseen Realm and Demons.