Site INVITE!

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
As much as it depends on you, live in peace with all men. God knows our true motivation for what we do. If we find ourselves in a situation not of our making that would involve force to protect self or others from evil, I look at that as an act of loving neighbor and self. There is a time for everything under the sun but that time must be motivated by God's love in us. God uses force correctly, as many as He loves He rebukes and chasens.

Reactions: Kaironaut

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Love is a verb and therefore requires action. In James 2:14-17 you can substitute the word love for faith and the same idea would hold true. 1 John 3:17-18 is another example. Years ago I was living in an apartment in a small town. From an open window I heard a woman calling for help. I looked out the window and even though it was dark a street light shown bright enough for me to see two men who had a woman backed into a corner beside the garbage dumpster. I knew one of these men and he was a dangerous man and I had to assume his partner was as well. I went outside and walked into the alley and within about ten feet or so away from these men and called to the woman to come to me, she immediately ran to me and I took her and brought her out of the alley onto the Main Street. We went into a restaurant and I stayed with her as she made a phone call to have someone pick her up. I know what would have happened to her if I had not done what I did but I also know that I could not live with my conscience if I did nothing. If I would have had to fight these two men I was prepared to do so to stop the evil they intended to do. As it turned out God must have intervened to prevent that and I am glad He did because I have no doubt I would have had the daylights beaten out of me.

Reactions: Kaironaut

Kaironaut

Feb 14, 2023
Texas
To be fair, when Jesus comes back, though merciful and lenient, he will have the force to back everything up. Indeed there is a season for everything. Not to mention, his 2 witnesses even before the parousia, also have some measure of force with them. Doug Hamp also has Old Testament verses to back this up.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Psalm 149 describes the return of Christ and the role the saints will play in that day. Revelation 14:3 and Psalm 149:1 is the same new song. These saints are the 144,000. They are those sealed by God in their foreheads. They are the Israel of God, the olive tree, root and branches, the called and chosen. 1 Corinthians 6:2. Joel 2:1-11 describes some of the army of God. 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13. Jude 1:14-15. The honor God gives His people is far beyond what they understand.