English Shunning: A Trauma-Informed Approach

Shunning: A Trauma-Informed Approach
Posted by Lori Jane
Zoom
Monday, December 7, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Monday, December 7, 2020 - 08:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020

Hi, I thought some of you might be interested in this event. It’s being hosted by Recovering from Religion and the presenter is an exJW.

Event Title: Shunning: A Trauma-Informed Approach with with Cathy S. Harris

Time and Date: 07th of December 2020 -
All meetings will start at 7PM CDT (USA Central Daylight Time)
Link: Join the Zoom Meeting here https://tinyurl.com/weeklyrfrx
Meeting ID: 186729414

Event Description Shunning is a hurtful and harmful practice that affects thousands of former members of high-control groups. A trauma-informed approach offers hope and the prospect of moving beyond feeling in bondage to inhumane rules. This presentation will give you tools and ideas for research that can help. Cathy is a Clinical Social Worker with over 20 years’ experience in a variety of settings helping people get beyond traumatic experiences and on to their best life. She was recruited to a religious cult at 17 years old. At 43, she began to question this membership and left the group. In spite of being shunned by family and friends she has found a life she loves. Find more about Cathy S. Harris at:

The format of these is that there is a presentation followed by time to ask questions. There is an open chat after that for those who want to stick around.

If you are interested but not able to attend, the presentation portion is recorded and will be posted on this site a few weeks later:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOqlA9kVnWvw22hw_0C6Grg

Edited to add: The usual turnout for these talks has been running 50-60 people

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
This lady seems to have a good understanding of how to break free of Trauma. I like the exercise she uses of making a Soul Collage. I have personally used creating something as a pathway to healing. It helps!

Reactions: Lori Jane