General POLITICS

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
POLITICS

Politics: the activities associated with the government of a country and the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.

Politics is about power. If you are a Christian then you should be very concerned about what Yahweh thinks and declares about human governments. Christians must obey the law of the land, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT CONFLICT WITH THE WILL OF YAHWEH. With Moses, Yahweh gave HIS law, this law is not for a righteous man, a man with Yahwehs imputed righteousness by faith. 1 Timothy 1:9 The saints are bound by the law of agape that will do no harm and therefore will fulfill any law especially the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are for carnal people, all people, not just carnal Israel, Romans 3:19 . The law condemns all carnal people to the second death because of sin. Jesus does not save people from the first death that is appointed to all men simply because they are mortal. Jesus saves people from total and complete annihilation of the soul, both body and human spirit. If this was not true then why are there resurrections ? It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. Jeremiah 10:23 The proof of humanity’s inability to govern themselves is their history. Today the U.S. is in the process of electing a president. If you have been watching the news you should know that there is bitter conflict and division in the nation over Trump or Biden. Ever since the founding of this nation competing political parties have been fighting for power and today it continues. Politics is a filthy thing that has no hope of the utopia each party promises. To be involved in politics is to be part of the problem not the answer. Look at all the elections there has been then look at what we face today. Over and over we elect and elect hoping for change and this is a sign of insanity. If you are Yahwehs saint your hope is in HIM and HIS kingdom not human government because we seek a heavenly country our citizenship is in heaven. Philippians 3:20 , Hebrews 11:16 We are to keep ourselves unspotted from the world, to come out from among the world and be separated. Jesus said he was not of this world and if we are in him then neither are we. Being involved in politics is similar to being involved in the law, politics makes laws. If it was possible I would vote for Jesus but there is no voting with Yahweh, Yahweh is a king, a monarch, who has appointed HIS son as king under HIM. There is no voting in a kingdom. Humanity will never know true righteous government until Yahweh brings it to us at HIS sons return.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
"Being involved in politics" is ambiguous. I don't see casting a vote as "being involved." I see it as an attempt to protect my family in the way that Yahweh gave us. I am under a King, but at the moment; I am also a husband and father with a responsibility to Yahweh and my family. So, the question would be "did Yahweh give us this government?" If He did, is my participation displeasing to Him?

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Scripture says that this is Satans world . 2 Corinthians 4:4 John 14:30 1 John 5:19 1 Corinthians 10:21 2 Corinthians 6:15 Satan offered this world to Jesus and he turned it down. 2 Timothy 2:4 Our commanding officer is Christ . We are even now subjects of the kingdom of God. This is a reason why we were called and chosen. Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world and if we are truly in him then we must not be either. Samuel warned the people who wanted a human king over them so they would be as other nations, 1 Samuel 8:5 Yahweh responded, 1 Samuel 8:7,8,9 Yes, Yahweh allowed human government, but made it plain that it was a rejection of HIM. YOU CANNOT SERVE TWO MASTERS. 1 Samuel 10:19 I see the lesson in all this is that human governments are a rejection of Yahweh.

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Scripture says that this is Satans world . 2 Corinthians 4:4 John 14:30 1 John 5:19 1 Corinthians 10:21 2 Corinthians 6:15 Satan offered this world to Jesus and he turned it down. 2 Timothy 2:4 Our commanding officer is Christ . We are even now subjects of the kingdom of God. This is a reason why we were called and chosen. Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world and if we are truly in him then we must not be either. Samuel warned the people who wanted a human king over them so they would be as other nations, 1 Samuel 8:5 Yahweh responded, 1 Samuel 8:7,8,9 Yes, Yahweh allowed human government, but made it plain that it was a rejection of HIM. YOU CANNOT SERVE TWO MASTERS. 1 Samuel 10:19 I see the lesson in all this is that human governments are a rejection of Yahweh.
I have no doubt that this is a fallen world, and that I am here for a short time. Growing in Christ within this world is a journey not for the timid or double-minded. I would not run for office or seek election to a political job. I will, however, vote when the time comes. It is the least I can do to try to protect my family and descendants. Waste of time, maybe. Sin against Yahweh, I don't think so.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
In no way do I demand that you agree with me as a condition of our brotherhood. Each of us must go with our own conscience Romans14:5,23 Politics and religion are said to be two topics that have the potential to alienate friends. In the world I see both of these as the same thing. This nation is being torn apart by both as all the nations before. I look at the fruit of these things and scripture informs me where they will ultimately end.

Reactions: Outcast

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
In no way do I demand that you agree with me as a condition of our brotherhood. Each of us must go with our own conscience Romans14:5,23 Politics and religion are said to be two topics that have the potential to alienate friends. In the world I see both of these as the same thing. This nation is being torn apart by both as all the nations before. I look at the fruit of these things and scripture informs me where they will ultimately end.
I'm sure that God will give me understanding on issues according to His will. I rely on my brothers and sisters to help me invest in understanding His will for me. I can make no demands on any fellow believer, nor does disagreement destroy my relationship with them. We all are on a road to eternity with Yahweh, but in different locations; but travelling this road is a journey we all must take. We are responsible for how we do it: with or without our Father and His Son.