General My struggle

Tsarina Andadora

Bible Challenge
Oct 3, 2020
Earth
So, I've tried to keep my anonymity here. Having been catfished by a jw, I do get a touch paranoid. I'm glad I have, because this does give me a relatively safe place to express this concern.

So, there's a relatively popular exjw YouTuber. I know this person personally. I knew them in the borg. I knew when they became exjw. I know their spouse. We have mutual friends both in the borg and other exjws. I've attended Bible discussions with this person. I know people who still attend. I watch their content and I hear what they say, and it upsets me because it does not match their private belief. To me this person is the very caricature of what the gb accuse us of being. It is so obvious to me this person wants the world to view the Bible and what is true from their perspective. I've seen them treat dissenters with the utmost disdain. I know people who lie to this person about what they do, just so as not to experience their wrath and disdain.

This person will not discuss the Bible with me. I'm even blocked from some of their content. It dismays me. I do not serve any man who is not Jesus.

I do not speak ill of this person, nor malign them specifically because I'm not here to cause drama, I just needed a space to get it out. I'm worried people will fall under the spell of this person's own personal cult. When you leave the jws it is hard to not get sucked into a new to you cult all over again. I see it happen all the time. But I do trust that Jesus will call and free all that are his!

God speed my brethren in Christ!

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
So, I've tried to keep my anonymity here. Having been catfished by a jw, I do get a touch paranoid. I'm glad I have, because this does give me a relatively safe place to express this concern.

So, there's a relatively popular exjw YouTuber. I know this person personally. I knew them in the borg. I knew when they became exjw. I know their spouse. We have mutual friends both in the borg and other exjws. I've attended Bible discussions with this person. I know people who still attend. I watch their content and I hear what they say, and it upsets me because it does not match their private belief. To me this person is the very caricature of what the gb accuse us of being. It is so obvious to me this person wants the world to view the Bible and what is true from their perspective. I've seen them treat dissenters with the utmost disdain. I know people who lie to this person about what they do, just so as not to experience their wrath and disdain.

This person will not discuss the Bible with me. I'm even blocked from some of their content. It dismays me. I do not serve any man who is not Jesus.

I do not speak ill of this person, nor malign them specifically because I'm not here to cause drama, I just needed a space to get it out. I'm worried people will fall under the spell of this person's own personal cult. When you leave the jws it is hard to not get sucked into a new to you cult all over again. I see it happen all the time. But I do trust that Jesus will call and free all that are his!

God speed my brethren in Christ!
Hi, I am glad to hear/read that you have found a safe place to express yourself. I am sorry for what you are going through. I have seen a few disturbing things in the exJW community but that is nothing compared to what you are going through. You are 100% we must follow Christ. It is sad to see others go after one thing to another. I wish I had some great words of comfort for you. Including you in my prayer tonight I am sure Jehovah will know you even with alias. :)

Reactions: Tsarina Andadora