Testimony MarZe's Story

MarZe

Oct 10, 2020
I don't know when it was the specific moment that I woke up.
I was 3 years old when my mother started to study, so basically this is what I knew all my life. I got baptized when I was 20 years old after a lot of situations that supposed to make me lose my trust and love for Jehovah. Even when I was alone by that moment in the truth, I was really conviced that I was doing what it was necessary for my salvation. A lot happened before that day, a lot of unresolved situations that somehow I learned to 'let to jehovah' to fix it... I got baptized, years later I started pionering but then things started to change. The congregation in the one I grow up was very challenging. Never trusted on the elders because whatever you told them, well... it was public knowledge very fast... elders wife's had the nickname of "El correo de las brujas" (The Witch's Mail) So I was kind of a loner... I thought that as long I didn't get in trouble, I didn't need the elders on my business... but it was then when that the more studied the publications, the more I felt the contradictions.

I was never too interested into the story of the organization... I guess somehow I learned to not question anything and in my mind I really want to be able to said that I didn't knew anybody in case of persecution (so silliy) but when I had doubts, I was feeling horrible, like the worse person in the world because I learned that have doubts in the org, was having doubts on Jehovah. So I did what every good "Christian" will do inside the org... be quiet and pray more, be out in service more, read the bible more and not miss any meeting. But it was never enough... and the doubts were still there. That's is why I count around 10 years with this doubts that never dissapeared... and im not talking about doubts from the GB... it was the teachings... I never agree with the shunning, the disfelloship, I had doubts of the end of the system, the paradise, some things were too good to be true, others didn't make sense, but I wasn't that brave to go against what I was been told. The past 3 years were the most difficult ones... I started to doubt of the GB and the feeling of been failing to Jehovah because of that it was making me crazy. It was too overwelming to think that I had so much doubts and wasn't enough for been a good christian, I was feiling as a failure. At this point I wasn'T talking to Jehovah anymore, I just joined to whoever was praying and said amen by the end. Why he will listen to me when I am such a dissapointment?

This last year things got even worse in that area... but at the same time the doubts got more intense. I found myself just repeting thingS as a machine. I got to used to follow everything that was expected that I didn'T feel anything anymore. Somehow was this perfect Christian, who everyone had in this shelf in the high possition... I didn'T have the option to make any mistake... everyone was saying how good I was, but by the moment I decided to do something else with my life, everyone changed their opinion of me.

The last Regional Convention was a turning point for me. Seeing the members of the GB been so presumptuos and with such a huge lack of humility after to learn about the Australian Trail, for me was enough. After that, I make my decision and started planning my exit. I knew that isn't possible to get out clean. But I knew that if I shared my view of things, I could be label as an apostate, which by the end I am... and you know what? I am fine with that. I just planned my exit in a way that the elderS from my congregation weren'T able to claim a trial on me as an apostate.

So that is... the announcement of my disassociation was 3 weeks ago and the sense of freedom I got is great but I didn't dimentioned how much my mind was damaged with all the teachings. I just started to learn more about all the wrong on the organization and the GB or the translation of the bible. Some days the feeling of want to believe but feel so dissapointed on religion, is very overwhelming. Also the guilt... for looking in other sources. And the nightmares... were really bad for 2 months.
I know is a process and that I have to be patient but I am grateful to find more people that is going throught the same and that are sharing their experiences with all us. :)

Last edited:

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Thank you for sharing MarZe - that is an amazing journey. We are so happy you found us!!! Be kind to yourself - three weeks is not very long. You're going to go through some roller coaster moments. Please reach out to me often - you've been added to my new friend network mi amiga!!

deebibliophile

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 12, 2020
Hang in there MarZe. It took courage to share your story but in doing so you have benefited so many others that have experienced the same issues and doubts. We are very proud of you.

• Love
Reactions: MarZe and Lori Jane

Mrs Orange

Oct 13, 2020
Auburn, California
Thank you for sharing your personal story, It’s cathartic to express what you experienced as a JW. It Will take a while to un-think a certain way. But just know , We shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions regarding our own faith or even the history of how it started. I too just never delved Into the JW founders or anything till recently it’s amazing how JW doctrine can veil us all . For instance what about holidays like as witnesses we would bring up the pagan origins of it and so if we bring up the history of our own beliefs why are the responses from other JWs “oh that’s old “ those books are old . That’s just nuts .

Reactions: GraceMade

MarZe

Oct 10, 2020
Thank you for your sharing . It helps to not feel so alone when we realize others are going through some of the same things. I wish you peace and hope to hear more from you.
thank you for you words. Yes... definitely helps to know that others are going throught the same things :)

Reactions: GraceMade

MarZe

Oct 10, 2020
Thank you for sharing MarZe - that is an amazing journey. We are so happy you found us!!! Be kind to yourself - three weeks is not very long. You're going to go through some roller coaster moments. Please reach out to me often - you've been added to my new friend network mi amiga!!
thank you Lori Jane you are very sweet, in an sincere way ;)

MarZe

Oct 10, 2020
Thank you for sharing your personal story, It’s cathartic to express what you experienced as a JW. It Will take a while to un-think a certain way. But just know , We shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions regarding our own faith or even the history of how it started. I too just never delved Into the JW founders or anything till recently it’s amazing how JW doctrine can veil us all . For instance what about holidays like as witnesses we would bring up the pagan origins of it and so if we bring up the history of our own beliefs why are the responses from other JWs “oh that’s old “ those books are old . That’s just nuts .
i remember that the excuse for not to pay attention to all this contradictions was "we dont follow mens, we follow Christ"... so far from the reality. 🤦‍♀️

Mrs Orange

Oct 13, 2020
Auburn, California
i remember that the excuse for not to pay attention to all this contradictions was "we dont follow mens, we follow Christ"... so far from the reality. 🤦‍♀️
I know The Real Truth can stand against scrutiny. But if we asked a lot of questions that challenged a “doctrine belief , or a watchtower editorial “ then we looked like we were being rebellious or argumentative, or whatever. Circular reasoning, so lame

MarZe

Oct 10, 2020
That is a moving testimony, MarZe.
"because I learned that have doubts in the org, was having doubts on Jehovah" That is such a horribly scary phase in 'waking up', making the separation between Jehovah & the GB, between God & man! I've been out 8 years now & thankfully no family still in. Do you have family still in? Your mother? I do hope you will bear this time of intense adjustment well.
yes... mi mother and sister are still witnesses, but they are inactive... but they still believe so my news about disassociation wasn't pleaseant to them. Actually my mom was very affected by me not been a witness anymore, you know, because if you aren't a witness you are basically doomed. I have been shunned for the whole congregation and for friends that know me my whole life which i was expecting and somehow even i don't share the reason of that, i understand... a few were soft, others very harsh... my mom and sister tooked the stand of "family is first" so since they were already inactive and we weren't talking spiritual things, it havent been too much change... i talk to them daily and even when i know that i dissapointed them, both told me that want me to be happy. My mom is still processing the news more than my sister... thing is, i never talk to them about my doubts... because i was scared... and i keep trying and trying to do things by the book... only that by the end it was impossible to keep saying that "this book" was from God.

Last edited:

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
I know The Real Truth can stand against scrutiny. But if we asked a lot of questions that challenged a “doctrine belief , or a watchtower editorial “ then we looked like we were being rebellious or argumentative, or whatever. Circular reasoning, so lame
It is organizations of men in all the churches that have men getting in the way of the Holy Spirit of the Father as the only teacher. You have learned more truth and understanding by your own studying with God than with man. Man is the problem only God is the answer.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Perhaps MarZes story can serve to show, teach us about Ezekiel 34 . It is the shepherds, the pastors, elders, ministers and priests that are the problem. My posts about this are not only misunderstood but ill received. In all the horror stories we hear on Simply Christian all have one thing in common, men are the cause. God removed human ministry after the death of the Apostle John and since then HE and HIS son Jesus have total control of the Pentecost church, the invisible church. You need no additional mediator, Jesus is the only one. The men who claim authority are liars. These false shepherds now control all of what the world thinks is Christianity. This is why God says, come out of her my people. MarZe, those doubts you had were your calling, where Christ was
speaking to your spirit. You came out. You answered the call. Continue to listen for that still small voice.

Reactions: Outcast

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Perhaps MarZes story can serve to show, teach us about Ezekiel 34 . It is the shepherds, the pastors, elders, ministers and priests that are the problem. My posts about this are not only misunderstood but ill received. In all the horror stories we hear on Simply Christian all have one thing in common, men are the cause. God removed human ministry after the death of the Apostle John and since then HE and HIS son Jesus have total control of the Pentecost church, the invisible church. You need no additional mediator, Jesus is the only one. The men who claim authority are liars. These false shepherds now control all of what the world thinks is Christianity. This is why God says, come out of her my people. MarZe, those doubts you had were your calling, where Christ was
speaking to your spirit. You came out. You answered the call. Continue to listen for that still small voice.