General Learning how my prayers are answered

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
I believe that much of we "modern Christians" don't really recognize the answers to our Prayers to Yahweh, our God. How many are aware of those who think that we can force Yahweh's hand in what He gives us by claiming that He did? I am certain that we will, if our prayers are in accordance with His will, receive His response. I am also certain that we may not recognize His response because He gave us what we needed rather than what we asked for. His answer may not be what we expect.

(As usual, I have inserted God's name in those verses where the manuscripts use His name. I also capitalize pronouns speaking of Him as appropriate. I do this to keep my focus on the One True God.)

Jn 16:22–24 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Jas 4:3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

1 Jn 5:13–15 And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him.

("Him" does not refer to the Son, but to God; though God is not previously mentioned as the subject, yet He is nevertheless considered as the principal subject, as the One who gives life through the Son.)

I have prayed for God to give me certain things according to my desires, and I did not receive them. Instead, I found myself having to turn to God for more courage, more strength, more self-control, more understanding, etc. I found myself leaning on God to get through the situations that caused my petition to God. In my responses to the situations that arose from Yahweh's answers, the reason for my initial petition became only a minor concern that faded away. Looking back, I see that Yahweh answered my request - not with "OK, here you go," but with "the correct answer is that you trust Me."

Jas 1:2–18 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

2 Co 4:16–18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Ps 34:17–19 When the righteous cry for help, Yahweh hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. Yahweh is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but Yahweh delivers him out of them all.

Ro 5:3–5 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Pr 3:5–6 Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.

I am interested in anyone else's view of how Yahweh has answered prayers in their past.

Reactions: LeeB

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Your description about prayer is like mine. The phrase, “according to HIS will” is very important. I recall Elisha asking Elijah for a double portion of the spirit that Yahweh had upon him. Elijah’s response was to let the request go before Yahweh. If Elisha saw Elijah taken up his request would be granted but if not it would not. In this way it would be Yahwehs answer not Elijah’s. I believe prayer must be in agape in all sincerity as a spirit to spirit form of communication through the mediator. I especially like the scripture that says we do not always know what we should pray for; Romans 8:26 . Ephesians 6:18 , Luke 18:1 , Philippians 4:6 are a few more verses. Good post Outcast.

Reactions: Outcast