General JEREMIAH 25

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Monday, March 4, 2024

PROPHECY OF JEREMIAH 25

Jeremiah 25:1 This prophecy was for Judah and Jerusalem and informs us that for 23 years Jeremiah and other prophets have warned the people of their failure to repent but they did not listen. God warns the people of punishment for their disobedience. History may not always exactly repeat but it often rhymes. Jeremiah 25:10 is rhyming with Revelation 18:23 , Jeremiah 7:34 , Jeremiah 16:9 and this is not a coincidence. Jeremiah 25:12 says the desolation will be everlasting, going against the 70 years commonly thought of by most biblical historians to be the limited time of Judahs captivity.
Jeremiah 25:13 notice, all the words God pronounced that are written in the book of Jeremiah for all nations. This is future because God has never punished all nations at any time in the past. Jeremiah 25:15-16 rhymes with Revelation 14:10 , Psalm 60:3 , Isaiah 51:17 this is not a coincidence either. This cup is given first to Judah and Jerusalem , then to all the nations of Earth. Jeremiah 25:26,31
Judah and Jerusalem drink a double portion of Gods wrath which agrees with Revelation 18:3,6 Isaiah 40:2 , Jeremiah 16:18 , Jeremiah 17:18 .

Jeremiah 25:32 rhymes with Luke 21:25 , Isaiah 17:12 this too is not coincidence. Jeremiah is writing about the future in these verses. Jeremiah is describing events that will happen during the time of Jacobs trouble, the great tribulation. For God to mention Judah and Jerusalem first and by name is significant because a nation cannot be punished if it does not exist. Judah and Jerusalem or Israel today, after passing out of existence for almost 2,000 years, has risen again, Revelation 13:1 . It was, is not, but now is, Revelation 17:11,8 . The captivity of Judah and Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar was a shadow type of the great tribulation just as Adam was a shadow type of Christ.

Jeremiah 25 is another clue because the modern nation of Israel is in reality Judah as the northern kingdom of Israel disappeared from history leaving only Judah to return after 70 years by a decree by Cyrus king of Persia. Modern Israel became a nation on May 14, 1948 and after 70 years would be May 14, 2018. This “after 70 years” would be up until May 13, 2028 because it is not after 80 years. Therefore, it may be that sometime before 80 years the false tribulation, man of sin covenant with ten nations and false millennium will take place during the first 3 1/2 years of the seven year covenant. After this God then begins fulfilling the events in Jeremiah 25 . Daniels last week of the 70 week prophecy or 7 years is what Jeremiah 25 describes.
When you consider the rebellion of Israel when coming out of Egypt, their rebellion under the judges, rebellion under their kings, their murder of the son of God 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 and their end time alliance with the man of sin it is no wonder they receive a double portion of Gods wrath. God will after all this yet show them mercy.

Reactions: Outcast

Outcast

Dec 5, 2023
Holt
Well, Lee, you drove me into scriptures that I have not read in a long time - again. I thank you for that. But, now I am late getting around to chores ;)

You ended with "God will after all this yet show them mercy." So, putting on my Dispensational glasses, I figured to add a further message to your post. Forgive me, but I thought you ended too early.

While Israel will receive mercy, it will be because Yahweh will remove the blinders He had put over their eyes because of their sins. Romans 11:8, but in the end,

Ro 11:24–27 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree. Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

In accordance with Scripture, there is no other name given among men by which we must be saved. I believe all Israel, at this time, will be able to speak the name of their Messiah.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
The Israelites alive or dead will acknowledge that Jesus was indeed the Christ. Jeremiah 31:34 , Habakkuk 2:14 , Isaiah 12:9 , Isaiah 40:5 , Hebrews 8:11 Everyone will have the Holy Spirit and we, the saints, will be their kings and priests. All people will be teachable because of having Yahwehs spirit.

Reactions: Outcast