Identifying the Devil according to Yeshua / Jesus John 8:44

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
A friend asked me to summarize this video and ask AI to identify logical fallacies - see below and let's discuss

Clip source: Identifying the Devil according to Yeshua / Jesus John 8:44 - YouTube

14,186 views views

Description

14K views 2 years ago Mindmap PDF: https://andersondiscoveries.com/who-i... AndersonDiscoveries.com ...more

Summary​

• The Genesis story highlights the role of the serpent as a deceiver and illustrates an apparent contradiction in Yahweh’s warning about death, thus underpinning Yeshua's argument about the true nature of deception and truth within the context of divine authority.
  • Yeshua identifies the devil as a murderer and a liar, asserting that the Pharisees are aligned with these destructive traits, thereby challenging their understanding of God and morality.
  • The speaker interprets Yahweh in a controversial light, suggesting that Jesus' descriptors of the devil—such as murderer and liar—apply to Yahweh, raising questions about the traditional understanding of God in Christianity.
  • The tree of life is central to the discussion on human mortality as it represents the source of eternal life. In the video, it's argued that being denied access to the tree by Yahweh was the first cause of human death.

The Nature of the Devil According to Yeshua 00:05

"Yeshua identifies who the devil is with several descriptors."
  • In John chapter 8, Yeshua engages in a heated exchange with the Pharisees, who are attempting to find fault in him. He challenges their claim of lineage to Abraham by stating that if they were truly Abraham's children, they would not seek to kill him. Through this dialogue, Yeshua begins to reveal the true nature of their spiritual father.
  • Yeshua makes a provocative assertion that their true father is the devil, referencing the murderer and liar's characteristics. He lists five descriptors of the devil: a murderer from the beginning, a liar, and the father of lies. This suggests that Yeshua is redefining notions of divine authority and moral truth.

The Genesis Context and the Serpent's Role 06:04

"The serpent deceived me and I ate."
  • Yeshua’s conversation points back to the Genesis narrative, specifically in how it relates to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. The serpent, often interpreted as the embodiment of deception, plays a crucial role in humanity's original sin by contradicting Yahweh’s command.
  • In Genesis, Yahweh warns Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, stating that doing so will lead to death. However, when Adam and Eve eat the fruit, they do not die, sparking the suggestion that Yahweh’s claim was misleading. This raises questions about the reliability of divine truth and the nature of deception.

Examination of Divine Truth 11:08

"Yahweh lied to Adam and Eve; the serpent actually told them the truth."
  • The text reveals a contradiction in the Biblical narrative where Yahweh’s claim does not hold up against the events that unfold. In fact, both the serpent's words and Yahweh's eventual admission imply that eating the fruit results not in death, but rather an awakening to knowledge.
  • This examination poses philosophical questions about morality and the character of divine entities, suggesting that what was initially deemed evil or deceptive may not fit traditional understandings if the narrative framing is reconsidered.

The Role of Yahweh in Human Death 12:29

"The cause of their death was being denied access to the fruit of the tree of life."
  • The discussion begins by clarifying that neither the snake nor the fruit was responsible for Adam and Eve's death. Instead, their death was caused by Yahweh denying them access to the tree of life. This denial is portrayed as a pivotal moment that leads to human mortality.
  • Genesis 3:22-24 recounts this event, emphasizing that God removed Adam from the Garden of Eden to prevent him from eating the fruit of the tree of life and attaining immortality.
  • The consequence of being expelled from the garden is interpreted as the origin of all human death, suggesting that this act by Yahweh has had longstanding consequences throughout humanity's existence.

Yahweh and the Nature of Death 13:45

"Yahweh was responsible for the death or the murder of Adam and Eve and all humanity including you and I right now."
  • The speaker argues that Yahweh's actions—specifically, denying access to the tree of life—constitute a direct role in human death, framing it as a moral failing on the part of Yahweh.
  • Adam's eventual death at 930 years old is noted, challenging the idea that dying before a thousand years could have been inconsequential in a divine timeline.
  • The concept of "days" in biblical terms is examined, where the term is said to refer to actual 24-hour days rather than a metaphorical or divine-determined span of time.

Identifying the Devil 14:32

"Yeshua unambiguously identifies Yahweh as the devil in John 8:44."
  • The text introduces a provocative connection between Yahweh and the devil by referencing the descriptors used by Yeshua (Jesus) which include elements like murder and deceit.
  • Each of these descriptors—murderer, liar, and the one present from the beginning—is applied to Yahweh, arguing that the traditional view of God as a benevolent figure is challenged deeply by these incompatibilities.
  • The question arises about the identity of the snake in the Garden of Eden, emphasizing that biblical texts do not explicitly label it as the devil, which hints at how extra-biblical interpretations have shaped modern understanding.

Exploring Biblical Context 19:25

"It’s the best thing to listen to the biblical text as many times as you can to get an overview."
  • The speaker encourages listeners to explore additional biblical contexts, suggesting a study guide titled “Two Gardens and a Snake,” which aims to provide clarity on complex biblical narratives.
  • The advice includes utilizing audio versions of biblical texts to engage with scripture in a consuming manner, allowing for a broader context to emerge beyond mere reading.
  • There is an emphasis on the importance of listening to the Bible multiple times to form a comprehensive understanding, highlighting available resources for accessing biblical audio.

Here are some potential logical fallacies in the video summary you've provided:
  1. False Dichotomy: The summary seems to present a binary choice: either Yahweh lied, or the serpent told the truth. This ignores other interpretations, like the idea that "death" could have a different meaning than immediate physical death.
  2. Straw Man: The argument that Yahweh lied might oversimplify or misrepresent the theological concept of "death" in Genesis, setting up an easier argument to knock down.
  3. Appeal to Ignorance: Suggesting that because Adam and Eve didn’t die immediately, Yahweh’s warning was false, relies on the assumption that death must be immediate to validate the warning.
  4. Slippery Slope: The claim that denying access to the Tree of Life equates to being responsible for all human death is a stretch. It assumes a direct, unbroken chain of causation without acknowledging other theological or interpretative factors.
  5. Red Herring: Bringing in the modern understanding of a "day" (24-hour period) could distract from the core argument about truth and deception.
  6. Hasty Generalization: Concluding that Yahweh is the devil based on selective descriptors might ignore the broader context of biblical texts and other interpretations.
  7. Equivocation: The video might use the word "death" in different senses without clarifying, creating confusion about its meaning.

Petunia

Jun 23, 2024
His way of reasoning reminds me of this:

I listened about 3/4, but I’m sorry I cannot listen to this man anymore

About John 8

Christ says Abraham isn’t their father, because they don’t do what Abraham would have done: accept Christ as Messiah.
In stead they do what Satan wants: reject Messiah, therefore they proof to be sons of the Devil.

Who is the Devil? YHWH? Of course not! That’s an “Abbot and Costello reasoning”! (And even ai caught him on several fallacies!, that should raise some 🚩 🚩 🚩)

Jesus refers to the snake, Satan the Devil as is clearly stated in Mat. 23:33.

When I was a JW I was thoroughly misled by Satan, but I had a relationship with my Heavenly Father, YHWH! He lovingly answered my prayers, guided me through difficult times and led me out of this demonic organization!

About Gen. 2:17
Anderson says the word for day means from sunrise to sunset.
That’s not true (aka a lie! One of many! 🚩🚩🚩) Gen.2:4

But more importantly the Hebrew says: “dying you will die”.
On the day they ate, they started dying. Eve felt it right: she was misled! God did not lie!

The snake mixed truth and lie. That’s how it works: if there’s something true in it, people accept it more easily! 2 Cor. 11:3

What caused their death?
Their own disobedience.

YHWH didn’t let them eat from the tree because He kept His word!
He would have lied if He would have let them access the tree of live to live forever!
And by the way wouldn’t evil and violence be much more if humans who are inclined to sin, lived forever! Gen.11:6; 2 Tim. 3:13

About Gen. 3:8-11

He puts his own thoughts into these verses, drawing his own conclusions - they do not agree with the Holy Scriptures 🚩🚩🚩. Are you going to accept them as yours? That’s how it works, he explained it all in the previous video! Is this MAN going to define your ego?

Vs 8: they heard the sound (6963 = voice - see Gen.3:17) of YHWH

Vs 9-11: feels like a parent who wants his disobedient child to talk, of course he saw him hiding behind the couch! Of course he immediately knew what he had done! But he wanted to hear his response!

This man is twisting everything! Probably he believes it himself, but in any case he gets his donations, right? (He is asking for donations on his site and in the videos) - 2 Pe 2:3

I can not listen to his videos anymore and reading long texts are taking to much time from my own study.
But if you have a question about a Bible verse I am happy to do some research.

Phil. 1:9-11
🌸🙋🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

Petunia

Jun 23, 2024
The tree of knowledge of good and evil

Andersons States that Adam and Eve required self-awareness by eating from the tree of knowledge, he says self-awareness is being awake, enlightened, as if it’s a good thing.

Self-awareness is defined as "conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires," according to Oxford Language.

The Bible says that Adam already had self-awareness, he knew all the animals each had a mate, but he didn’t until his lovingly Father gave him Eve. He was fully aware that she was bone of his bones, and flesh of his flesh! Gen. 2:18-23

They both had self-awareness: Gen. 2:25
(they were aware that they were naked, but it didn’t bother them)

The tree of knowledge of good and evil
Until they ate from the tree they only new good. They enjoyed all the good things their Father YHWH gave them.

By eating from this knowledge-tree they became aware of evil. They felt it right away! Their perfect good world had changed! They knew what evil was. They experienced deception, anxiety and shame and it became even worse! Gen. 3:7, 10, 13; 4:8; 5:5
Is this being awake or enlightened in a good sense???

God and the angels already knew evil existed! Now Adam and Eve knew it too. (I don’t believe this action from the Devil in the garden of Eden was the very first sign of his evilness, it’s where his lust became sin. James 1:14-15)

Satan tricked them in thinking knowing good and evil was something desirable.
It turned out to be disastrous!

Awareness of evil will remain as a reminder for ever and ever (Rev. 14:11)

But evil will be done away with by our Father YHWH and his Son, Jesus Christ (Is.65:21-25; Rev. 20:10,15; 21:4-5)

🌸🙋🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

Petunia

Jun 23, 2024
The significance of the tree of good and evil - according to John Piper

What was God saying in prohibiting the eating of one tree out of a million trees?

He was saying,

I have given you life. I have given you a world full of pleasure — pleasures of taste and sight and sound and smell and feel and nourishment. Only one tree is forbidden to you. And the point of that prohibition is to preserve the pleasures of the world, because if you eat of that one you will be saying to me, “I am smarter than you. I am more authoritative that you. I am wiser than you are. I think I can care for myself better than you care for me. You are not a very good Father. And so I am going to reject you.”

So don’t eat from the tree, because you will be rejecting me and all my good gifts and all my wisdom and all my care. Instead, keep on submitting to my will. Keep on affirming my wisdom. Keep on being thankful for my generosity. Keep on trusting me as a Father and keep on eating these trees as a way of enjoying me. There are ten thousand trees with every imaginable fruit. Just go eat. Be thankful. I have given them to you. See them as expressions of my goodness and savor them that way.

Enjoying God in His Creation

And Satan comes along and he takes that arrangement, and he says, “Hey, Eve, the meaning of that arrangement is, God is selfish. God is stingy. He is a skinflint.” So he took the prohibition of one suicidal tree and treated it as a prohibition of everything.

The issue of the tree is, Will we keep looking to God as the giver and lover and treasure of this garden so that all our eating is thanking, and all our savoring is a savoring of God? Will we keep on experiencing every one of these tastes as a tasting of something like what God is? And in that sense — a tasting of God — will we keep on enjoying God in the enjoying of the trees? That is what the forbidden tree was there to test.

I think a lot of people try to set that up as merely arbitrary. This is simply, Will man obey, or will he not obey? And they don’t put it in the context of his fatherly care and all the goods that he has given. I don’t think it is arbitrary like that.
It was a warning: If you choose independence instead of God-dependence, you will lose the pleasure of the garden and God with it. If you keep trusting me and enjoying me as your greatest delight and highest treasure, you will have this garden, and I will be the pleasure of all your pleasures. (https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/why-did-god-forbid-one-tree-in-eden)