Video Healing from Spiritual Abuse

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
I really enjoyed listening to this couple. A lot of points that correlate to my experience leaving the organization and from those of others I've talked too. Please share your thoughts.

One of the biggest issues that comes our way has to with the subject of spiritual abuse. Masses of people are coming for help because of abuse they have experienced from someone in church or a ministry, be it a spiritual leader, pastor or someone of influence in their life. The repercussions are intense. For years, many people have wandered with deep woundedness they have received, not from someone outside the faith, but from within. Yet they have not been able to put a finger on why they are struggling in such intense ways. People can often carry deep lacerations and emotional wounds they infect them for life is not healed. It keeps them from a fruitful life. Spiritual abuse is often a part of the equation. Worst yet, people who have been spiritually abused often carry that into the next fellowship they join. New layers of hurt build on old layers of hurt, until eventually people shut down and say I can’t take it anymore. Everyone gets hurt inside and outside of the church, but spiritual abuse is a whole different kind of monster, especially because it is perpetual, insidious and often very hidden. People can become slowly worn down to the core and left with broken hearts if there is not a clear safety established. We have too many that are leaving the church, who describe the circumstances around their departure and spiritual abuse is the reason. Spiritual abuse can occur in any area of a ministry or church organization. It can be really tricky issue to discern and it often takes help to identify when this is taking place. We want to address this subject head on, share our own experiences and provide some tools to walk into freedom. We pray our vulnerability will bless your life and help any who have been in spiritually abusive environments. Part 2: https://youtu.be/SinVqkaV4Pc

Reactions: Rosie

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
I really enjoyed listening to this couple. A lot of points that correlate to my experience leaving the organization and from those of others I've talked too. Please share your thoughts.

One of the biggest issues that comes our way has to with the subject of spiritual abuse. Masses of people are coming for help because of abuse they have experienced from someone in church or a ministry, be it a spiritual leader, pastor or someone of influence in their life. The repercussions are intense. For years, many people have wandered with deep woundedness they have received, not from someone outside the faith, but from within. Yet they have not been able to put a finger on why they are struggling in such intense ways. People can often carry deep lacerations and emotional wounds they infect them for life is not healed. It keeps them from a fruitful life. Spiritual abuse is often a part of the equation. Worst yet, people who have been spiritually abused often carry that into the next fellowship they join. New layers of hurt build on old layers of hurt, until eventually people shut down and say I can’t take it anymore. Everyone gets hurt inside and outside of the church, but spiritual abuse is a whole different kind of monster, especially because it is perpetual, insidious and often very hidden. People can become slowly worn down to the core and left with broken hearts if there is not a clear safety established. We have too many that are leaving the church, who describe the circumstances around their departure and spiritual abuse is the reason. Spiritual abuse can occur in any area of a ministry or church organization. It can be really tricky issue to discern and it often takes help to identify when this is taking place. We want to address this subject head on, share our own experiences and provide some tools to walk into freedom. We pray our vulnerability will bless your life and help any who have been in spiritually abusive environments. Part 2: https://youtu.be/SinVqkaV4Pc

Very Interesting! Lots of Churches with Lots of problems! A good reminder and a precautionary tale. I see why many people become athiest.

Reactions: Lori Jane