Question Dealing with Elders

BeroeanObserver

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
In my own experience try to fade. However there may come a time where we have to make a stand for truth. Don't go looking for a fight so to speak, but don't back down if the need arises. Many times Christ did just that, The Pharisees came looking to start something and Jesus masterfully showed the hypocrisy, at times using strong blunt statements to get the point across usually as a last resort. If we do this like Jesus and use a kind mild spirit at the right time. we may win a brother or sister.

mountee

Oct 10, 2020
UK
readjw.info
So far I've been able to fade by giving them a reason for my abrupt stop to meeting attendance of depression. I think it's key to give them some type of reason or they will keep hounding you. Elders have to be able to explain their actions to the CO and the other Elders, so critical to give them a reason they can use. Then if they occasionally reach out I thank them for their concern and say I need to focus on my treatment. Most Elders are afraid of mental health topics so quickly back off. May not work for everyone but so far so good, it's been 2 years and it's amazing how quick JWs move on and forget about you,

Reactions: Lori Jane